January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:
Callum Robinson is banging them in for Preston why ever did we let him go for just £150k?

Hope we had a sell on clause as Bournemouth are looking at him for around £10mil.

He is just the type of player Smith i feel would like back at Villa and could improve him even more.

He always looked like one for the future. I was very disappointed when he was moved on.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

He always looked like one for the future. I was very disappointed when he was moved on.

We only move them on if we’re sure they’re not good enough for us, he’s a very good footballer at this level but would he get in our team? Not for me, not even close

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Villan4Life said:
Callum Robinson is banging them in for Preston why ever did we let him go for just £150k?

Hope we had a sell on clause as Bournemouth are looking at him for around £10mil.

He is just the type of player Smith i feel would like back at Villa and could improve him even more.

This is pure paper talk. He’s a good championship player. No way is he good enough for Bournemouth in my opinion. 

22 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We only move them on if we’re sure they’re not good enough for us, he’s a very good footballer at this level but would he get in our team? Not for me, not even close

More upside than other youth players like Hepburn Murphy, Davis and would be better than Hogan

49 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He wasn’t far off, made quite a few sub appearances for us under Lambert

You sure about that? I didn't think he ever made his debut for us? 

Edit: maybe I'm thinking of Johnson

Edited by holteend1982

7 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Will we need a keeper come January?

Yes. One swallow does not a summer make. 

Given that, I'd really love it if he could put together a run of good confident performances now.

• Like 1

Youth develop at different stages. And almost all of them develop the most when exposed to lots of first team football, which Callum wouldn't have got with us, so the entire discussion is just not worth having. The real question is why he doesn't get first team football with us. 

What you should be annoyed at is why shite managers for us sign expensive senior players, while not giving our own youths more first team football. We've done this the wrong way for such a long time. But especially now in the championship it's inexuseable. Signing injury prone Hogan for crazy money and getting rid of Callum for peanuts. Yup,  makes sense. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Will we need a keeper come January?

I think we’ll need one regardless of whether Nyland improves or not. We’ve only really got one keeper at the club. I wouldn’t even count Bunn and the other guy seems like it was just a sweetener for Mendes.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Not good enough to do it for us in the CH, but good enough to do it for Bournemouth in the PL (from your later post)?

51 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think we’ll need one regardless of whether Nyland improves or not. We’ve only really got one keeper at the club. I wouldn’t even count Bunn and the other guy seems like it was just a sweetener for Mendes.

Our new goalkeeping coach may be able to improve our other guy as he apparently has Nyland, judging from Saturday's game. And the other guy is younger.

Hell, he might even improve Steer. Bunn is beyond improvement, and not in a good way.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

It's nothing really on his ability then or now but I remember him coming on for his debut. The crowd were excited and he must have been absolutely pumped, his first touch was awful.