January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Now you're just being cruel :D

I had that exact thought after I made the post.

On second thought, it might just be that I've established myself as the local idiot to our visiting Brentford friend.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Haha 1

Would love to see a side of:

Guzan

Lowton    Richards   Herd   Bacuna

Sylla       El Ahmadi     NZogbia   

Tonev    

Holt           Kozak 

what a side that would be! And would only cost a couple of mill.

:trollface:

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Guzan

Tonev    

Holt           Kozak 

Burn him alive..

Seriously though, I would take Guzan at his best over any of our current keeper options.

And you forgot Dawkiins!

1 minute ago, A'Villan said:

Burn him alive..

Seriously though, I would take Guzan at his best over any of our current keeper options.

And you forgot Dawkiins!

You’re right; Guzan at his best I would take...  but then he had that chewing gum spitting competition and he plummeted in my opinion. Not to mention being rubbish in goal as time went on.

5 hours ago, Brentfordnylons said:

You couldn’t afford them,FFP 

You seem to know an awful lot about our financial situation for a Brentford fan... 

May i ask who's your source? And where did you hear this info from? :)

Edited by Villan4Life

Unfortunately, I believe the Brentford boy is correct.  I can't see us being able to sign many players in Jan.  We may have to recall a couple of loans if we can...especially n defence....attack wise, we are sorted!

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

Unfortunately, I believe the Brentford boy is correct.  I can't see us being able to sign many players in Jan.  We may have to recall a couple of loans if we can...especially n defence....attack wise, we are sorted!

Fair enough, i think he is wrong myself and don't think he actually knows what's going on with regards to Villa.

We had £6.5mil bid turned down for Scott McKenna on transfer deadline day and lost out to Fulham for £6mil Joe Bryan. Money will be there to spend.

We may loan a few players in (Mendes clients) but will be possibly some in pot to go for established Championship player or maybe few up and coming gems from Lower Divisions, Europe or Scotland.

Edited by Villan4Life

I'm sure we could have all sorts of money considering our owners are loaded.

Thing is if we are allowed or dare to spend it due to FFP and the gargantuan amount of money we have been pissing away during the last decade and even since we got relegated and lost the PL money.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Guzan

Tonev    

Holt           Kozak 

Only if Nzogbia gets a 7 year deal ?

• Haha 1

I can actually see us going for Daniel Bentley, their keeper. Obvious weak point in our team given our options. He's done well for them and will probably get picked up by a prem club sooner or later so January probably best time to try to tempt him.

Ironically Dean actually dropped him at the weekend as he made a couple of errors the week before but comfortably better than Nyland at this level so can see us bidding although not sure what sort of valuation Brentford will pop on him.

If grealish goes next summer then Romain Sawyers is obvious replacement in that number 10 role.

Rico Henry been injured for ages now so don't see that one happening.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I can actually see us going for Daniel Bentley, their keeper. Obvious weak point in our team given our options. He's done well for them and will probably get picked up by a prem club sooner or later so January probably best time to try to tempt him.

Ironically Dean actually dropped him at the weekend as he made a couple of errors the week before but comfortably better than Nyland at this level so can see us bidding although not sure what sort of valuation Brentford will pop on him.

If grealish goes next summer then Romain Sawyers is obvious replacement in that number 10 role.

Rico Henry been injured for ages now so don't see that one happening.

If only we picked Bentley up on a Bosman (£800k) Compo a few summers back @VillaChris from Southend. I remember was myself, you and another forum member banging on about him all January when could have got him on pre-agreement and then all summer only for us to sign Gollini in the end.

What a complete and utter **** up that was lol!!

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 3