January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We never put them in, at our other clubs they’re in at 16,17, 18 years old, we do it properly. If they’re good enough, they’ll make the grade. Even Grealish, went out to Notts County at 18 years old and didn’t make his debut for us until he was 18 years old. We don’t let them go unless they’re good enough 

Jack Clarke and a couple of others are getting game time at Leeds. Doesn’t matter about age, if they’re good enough they get minutes.

Why do you think all our 'amazing' or 'outstanding' prospects are not getting proper game time?

I look forward to your response...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

Jack Clarke and a couple of others are getting game time at Leeds. Doesn’t matter about age, if they’re good enough they get minutes.

Why do you think all our 'amazing' or 'outstanding' prospects are not getting proper game time?

I look forward to your response...

I’ve been thinking about it for a few days actually, that’s how sad I am, all I can think of is they’re too young and we don’t want to expose them, could be wrong but that’s all I could come up with, it’s not necessarily that they’re not good enough. That’s a long sentence, at other clubs they dip them in at 17 years old, we do it properly at this club. If they’re good enough, they’ll play. Even a once in a generation player like Jack Grealish made his debut for us at 18 years old, look at him now, our best player, I’ll find the next one :)

I'm hesitant about Sawyers...  For being a creative player, he hasn't created a whole lot.  Only 6 goals and 15 assists in 111 league games over 2.5 seasons for Brentford, who play free-flowing attacking football.

image.png.e5f4745addae12e913bbc940726c3d85.png

11 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I'm hesitant about Sawyers...  For being a creative player, he hasn't created a whole lot.  Only 6 goals and 15 assists in 111 league games over 2.5 seasons for Brentford, who play free-flowing attacking football.

Grealish on paper doesn't have a lot of goals or assists, his biggest impact is in overall play, he's very often the psss before the assist, or instrumental in the build up play.

Assist and goals don't show everything by a LONG stretch.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 3

Fair enough.  Most Brentford fans really rate Sawyers too and from looking at the positions he's played in this season, he seems to be more of a "utility" central midfielder than their main creative source.  He can fill that role, as well as the others in Deano's system (DM/Deep-Lying Creative, Box-to-Box, & Attacking/Forward Creative).  I'd rather have him on the bench next season filling in for Grealish/McGinn/New DM.  

My gaffer at work is a Walsall season ticket holder and he told me when Smith signed that he didn't mind is getting Smith but would be jealous as fook if we ever got Sawyers because "he's the most talented player I've ever seen in a Walsall shirt".

That's from a 50 year old whose been a ST holder since 15. 

Having said that, Walsall are hardly a breeding ground for great talent so he's probably not been spoilt over the years lol. 

35 minutes ago, villarocker said:

My gaffer at work is a Walsall season ticket holder and he told me when Smith signed that he didn't mind is getting Smith but would be jealous as fook if we ever got Sawyers because "he's the most talented player I've ever seen in a Walsall shirt".

That's from a 50 year old whose been a ST holder since 15. 

Having said that, Walsall are hardly a breeding ground for great talent so he's probably not been spoilt over the years lol. 

Better than Jon Macken and Michael Ricketts?

**** off!

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I’ve been thinking about it for a few days actually, that’s how sad I am, all I can think of is they’re too young and we don’t want to expose them, could be wrong but that’s all I could come up with, it’s not necessarily that they’re not good enough. That’s a long sentence, at other clubs they dip them in at 17 years old, we do it properly at this club. If they’re good enough, they’ll play. Even a once in a generation player like Jack Grealish made his debut for us at 18 years old, look at him now, our best player, I’ll find the next one :)

You say if they were good enough they’ll play. You constantly tell us they’re outstanding.

While Jack Grealish is a very good player, he isn’t a once in a generation player. That’s Messi talk...

3 hours ago, KMitch said:

Basically a 7/10 player. I would take that. Better than our regular 5/10 from poor midfield players.

1 hour ago, SirSteveUK said:

Please clarify

Most of our youth players are 20. Sounds young and compared to me, extremely young. In football terms though if they ain't broken into your first team there time is close to up. To round a few off RHM, JDH, Easah Suliman and the list goes on. 

Age is just a number and i like the saying if there good enough there old enough.

I honestly think if we had Owen, Rooney, Mbappe, Sancho, Sterling or even Jack Clarke of Leeds there careers wouldn't be like there's are now or even went.

So are we holding our youth back or are they not the mustard we hope for?  

3 hours ago, KMitch said:

He's not a creative player, he's not a number 10, so those stats are pretty decent for a player in his position.

45 minutes ago, hippo said:

Micah to Celtic ????

maybe our lucks changing !!!!

I read that, but surely that can't happen. Micah hasn't even played a game in 2.5 seasons. He can't even train with the team because of his injuries. He is a glorified gym trainer at the moment.