January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

2 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

The likes of Albrighton, Daniel Johnson and Eric Lichaj walk into this current team in my opinion. Callum Robinson would be in the squad too. Albrighton is obvious he is in the PL, the rest we let go. I don’t think we overrate/overegg them I think we mismanage them instead.

Here lies the problem then. Albrighton aside who has a premier league winners medal and an industrious career. Lichaj and Hogganfield walking into our team......how the €£¥% did we let that happen.  

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

So are we actually linked with anyone? 

It's time Jesus started to earn his corn and finds some cheap gems from somewhere. 

Easier said than done there chap, I’d be surprised if there were funds available especially after the signing of Kalinic. Loans and free transfers will most probably be our remit

19 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Time is running out, targets and back ups should’ve been sorted before the window opened

I'm sure they were. It may be a case of us still trying to bring in our primary targets before we give up on them and turn to our back up options.

• Like 2

Its the same every window. Unless you're one of the current elite or have a deal done well in advance, you're basicaaly waiting for the domino effect.

To me, the Jan window means basically the last week in Jan as the summer window is late August.

2 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Its the same every window. Unless you're one of the current elite or have a deal done well in advance, you're basicaaly waiting for the domino effect.

To me, the Jan window means basically the last week in Jan as the summer window is late August.

My thoughts exactly.  It's a more inflated market too. 

After the Wigan game Aston Villa have 38 points out of a possible 81. The final projected points total will currently be 65 points that is points after 46 games. Basing this off last seasons final table will put us 12th.

There is still 57 points to play for giving us a maximum potential points haul of 95 points.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since the appointment of Dean Smith the new projected points total would be 67 points that is points after 46 games. That has included (Before Smith) of 1.25 PPG from Steve Bruce and the current 1.53PPG from Smith. Using 1.53PPG over the remaining 19 games.

Basing this off last seasons final table will put us 11th

Thought for the day: Were the only academy with players in context that would be classed as OAP's.

Edited by Merson08
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

The likes of Albrighton, Daniel Johnson and Eric Lichaj walk into this current team in my opinion. Callum Robinson would be in the squad too. Albrighton is obvious he is in the PL, the rest we let go. I don’t think we overrate/overegg them I think we mismanage them instead.

Bannan too maybe even Baker and Clark 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Killeen30 said:

Yep, we do need to show some faith in our youngsters. You never know one or two just might surprise us. 

We never put them in, at our other clubs they’re in at 16,17, 18 years old, we do it properly. If they’re good enough, they’ll make the grade. Even Grealish, went out to Notts County at 18 years old and didn’t make his debut for us until he was 18 years old. We don’t let them go unless they’re good enough