January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

Just on the thread title change - in the summer, we'll have a squad consisting of the following:

GK

• Kalinic
  • Nyland

RB

• Bree
  • Elmohamady

CB

• Chester

LB

• Taylor

CM

• Bjarnason
  • Grealish
  • McGinn
  • Hourihane
  • Lansbury

Wide

• Kodjia

Strikers

• Hogan
  • Davis
  • Hepburn-Murphy

We have an option we can take up for an extra year for Adomah.

Is make that we need a left back, three centre backs, another midfielder and three wingers - just to have two players in each position. 

Eight players to have a full squad.

That's without improving anywhere.

• Like 1

Anyone here knows more of this Jake Cooper lad of Millwall? Has something like 5 goals and 6 assists playing as a CB. 23 years old. 1.93m tall and left-footed.

Apparently alot of interest around and rumours are Stevie G wants to sign him up. Is he any good? Could he be a good signing for us? 

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Where has he said that?

He said it in his post match interview. 

All he said was that he wasn't aware we had made a bid as others do that, he is just involved in the list of targets drawn up. 

It wasn't a denial we were interested, just a deflection. 

That said I am 100% sure he will know exactly what the state of play is, but this system takes a ton of pressure off him, he can plead ignorance as getting players in is actually someone else's responsibility. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Hes never gave me any itk before. He knows people in the hierachy at Brentford. I didnt ask his source. Might be nothing. seems its the serb guy who currently plays for Celta Vigo.

The one who can't get a work permit??

I sense the board are planning for a proper go at promotion for next season and will use the remainder of this season and the next two transfer windows to lay the foundations. Playoff promotion this season would be a welcome bonus I’d imagine. 

Can't say I'm too familiar with Hause, the reports from Wolves fans are encouraging but at the same time I'd be a little bit quizzical as to just how good of a signing he is when he's barely had a sniff of first team football for the best part of two seasons now. He only played seven minutes of Championship football last season.

That aside it makes sense though. We desperately need numbers at CB and being left footed he'll offer more of a balance in that regard.

Edited by Indigo

43 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hause can play left back also 

Yes he can this is what I dug up from a site about him and it sounds very promising :

Hause is left-footed centre-back, who is solid in the air, strong and has a bit of pace as well, but so far he hasn’t lived up to his potential.

As a 23-year-old English left sided centre-back, some will be surprised to see him go, but the one thing he’s not getting at Wolves is any minutes.

What are his strengths and weaknesses?

He’s not a kick-and-run centre back. If given the opportunity he’ll try and play it out.

In the last 18 months he’s made less than 10 first team appearances, so it may take a while to get Championship-hardened again.

I expect us to be quite active in this window given that we have obvious gaps in our squad and as OBE has pointed out, a very threadbare squad come the summer. 

It should be viewed as an excellent opportunity to lay the foundations for the sort of team we want to be. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Can this Hauseman play LB?

I answered that three posts up lol.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Haha 1

I'd like to think whether or not he can play left back will be made largely irrelevant because we'll also be signing an actual left back.

For the love of McGrath please sign a shitting left back.