January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

47 minutes ago, mickjacobjr said:

If this was true and doubt it think he would come in as 4th choice cb and very unlikely to play 

I feel underwhelmed already.....wba sign Holgate @ 6'2 and we are supposedly linked with Browning 5'11......will we ever learn.

I know its not the be all and end all......but yes it is.

too small for centre back......needs to be exceptional.

ps....no more small centre backs.

Edited by TRO

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

I feel underwhelmed already.....wba sign Holgate @ 6'2 and we are supposedly linked with Browning 5'11......will we ever learn.

Browning paired with Elphick will be like two hobbits in the center of our defense... 🤣

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Have we ever had s good RB? From Gary Charles,  Fernando Nelson, Luke Young, Cuellar, Hutton and Elmo. How can we sign so much shit in one position. I genuinly can't remember one really good RB. 

Kyle Walker and Earl Barrett

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

How can we sign so much shit in multiple positions. I genuinely can't remember more than a few half decent players at this club in the last 10 years!

fixed it 4 u :P

4 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Once we get Browning in all we will need is Smith at RB and Wesson at LB.

I can see us shooting up the table.

Have you got the table upside down for us to shoot up it??

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Have we ever had s good RB? From Gary Charles,  Fernando Nelson, Luke Young, Cuellar, Hutton and Elmo. How can we sign so much shit in one position. I genuinly can't remember one really good RB. 

Yes , we've had several, including some of who you've mentioned, although it depends what YOU consider good?

Good as in can defend ? Good as in can attack? Or do you mean good as in would only play for Barca man city or psg ?

In which case you mean the best of the best !!

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

John Gidman was rather good as was Kenny Swain, but I'm going back a few years in both cases. :)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, TRO said:

While I appriecate where you are coming from one of the best centre halves ive ever seen who was a World Cup winning captain was 5.9

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Harsh on Charles. That team finished 4th and won a league cup. 

5 hours ago, MaVilla said:

This browning from Everton, a DC who is only 5ft 11?, really?, another one?

From what I could gather doing abit of research, is an LB for Everton who is doing well for u23’s but not good enough for first team. Went on loan at Sunderland and played CB, fans didn’t seem overly impressed with him, although some said he was a good defender. Had issues with injuries, contract up at end of this season would be free to move. Is quick and athletic, differing opinions on whether he was good on the ball in the air etc. Overall doesn’t look an inspired signing to say the least. 24 and hopefully with abit of coaching becomes an adequate signing, not holding my breath. 

Edit: having looked a little further it says he’s also played rb so take your pick. 

Edited by Tony