January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well I think that sums it up.

If he won't be getting a work permit to come here he will probably be joining Betis.

Agreed, but I feel like we should've known he wouldn't be getting a work permit before the links with him. 

2 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Agreed, but I feel like we should've known he wouldn't be getting a work permit before the links with him. 

Don't players go to a group of lawyers to review and approve/deny work permits for players?  Pretty sure there was some controversy about the last time we tried to sign Kalinic, there was a lawyer with ties to other clubs who led the denial for our application.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

It's very complicated so I don't see why you are critiquing the club when we know how complex this work permit criteria is.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

The media are probably behind as always. Most likely we looked at Radoja, but then it was made clear he wouldn’t get a WP, so then we moved onto Doucoure who is apparently close to joining now?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

It's very complicated so I don't see why you are critiquing the club when we know how complex this work permit criteria is.

Or indeed if we were ever in for him.

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

You are aware that Bolasie was already gone when Allardyce was appointed Crystal Palace manager

I've mixed up Allardyce with Pardew. My point still stands though. There are examples galore of Allardyce getting the best out of players and it's because of the way he sets his teams up and his ability to deal with bigger personalities (who more often than not are the players with the most quality).

Edited by Michael118

13 hours ago, Michael118 said:

According to Bolasie, he beat Usain Bolt in a race in 2015. Surely he can still get past most Championship defenders

I’ve been telling the wife I’ve got a much better body than Daniel Craig for years now. Will she listen? NO! You’re wasting your time here, there’s nothing more blind than those that will not see. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

I've mixed up Allardyce with Pardew. My point still stands though. There are examples galore of Allardyce getting the best out of players and it's because of the way he sets his teams up and his ability to deal with bigger personalities (who more often than not are the players with the most quality).

So there are no examples of Dean Smith getting the best out of players? How Brentford are doing since he left seems to imply he pretty much got the best out of every single one of their players.

Bolasie has looked better under DS than Bruce. Same for pretty much everyone—Tammy Abraham for one, who is a high-quality player. Some peeps like a moan. But that's all it is—moaning. You can't do anything to change anything in the club, and would you really want to? Are you already that jaded that you're writing off Smith even though we've had a massive improvement in results under him while playing all the better teams in the league and having no transfer window and a badly balanced squad? We're without Jack for a few games, among many other significant injuries that have really limited the options with the team (maybe the only option is to use BB instead of Whealan) and predictably we're not quite so impressive and the usual negative posters start rearing their heads. You guys will never be happy. Literally never. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I think Bolasie has shown some decent signs when he's played. He's created a few and scored one or two. We have to bear in mind how long he went without playing first team football. He's going to take time to hit full throttle but I believe he still has it in him to be a very good player, especially at our current level. 

I don't care what he did for other managers in the past. I simply care what he does for us now. 

• Like 1

There's a reason why Bolasie is playing for us in the championship, and not a premier league team. He's inconsistent. A good player, but inconsistent.

Teams, such as Stoke, Swansea and Preston doubled up on our wide men leaving space in the middle; the difference in the last few games is there's no Grealish to take the ball 20-30 yards and occupy 2 players. When Grealish plays a free(ish) midfield role, he occupies 2 players leaving space for the wingers. It's no coincidence that Bolasie is struggling now his space is being swallowed up.

If you think back to the Derby and Boro games, there was often a switch of play to Bolasie or Kodjia leaving them 1 on 1 with a full back. We could pull teams from side to side with Grealish often occupying 2 in midfield. If Grealish was left with space he is good enough to carry to ball 20-30 yards, pulling the midfielders over to him creating space for the wingers. 

Apart from the obvious defensive issues, its vital for our attack we buy a midfielder who can carry the ball 20-30 yards. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

https://readastonvilla.com/2018/12/31/aston-villa-closing-in-on-signing-of-cheick-doukoure/

ASTON VILLA CLOSING IN ON SIGNING OF CHEICK DOUKOURE

Aston Villa are close to signing Levante midfielder Cheick Doukoure, report the Sunday Mirror.

The Villains are set to bring in the 26-year-old on loan, as Dean Smith looks to boost his side’s promotion push.

On 15/02/2018 at 19:18, Michael118 said:

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN CREATED FROM A SERIES OF POSTS IN THE LIBOR KOZAK THREAD - NV

One thing I can say with near certainty is over a full season in the Premier League, Team A survives (as a minimum) and wipes the floor with Team B which more than likely gets relegated.

(a)        

Guzan

Hutton    Okore    Clark    Amavi/Cissokho

Bacuna   Gueye   Westwood

Traore      Gil            

Kozak 

Manager: Sam Allardyce or Tony Pulis 

(b)

Johnstone

Elmo        Chester      Terry       Taylor

Bjarnason    Hourihane

Snodgrass      Grealish       Adomah

Hogan

Manager: Steve Bruce

17 hours ago, av1 said:

Just for shits and giggles, and for the benefit of posters that haven't been enlightened by your superior football knowledge, post your best 11 out of all the players we have had since relegation. 

I'm to lazy to search through your posts but I remember it being comedy gold. 

Not sure if it's the one you're looking for, but the above was one that stood out as mental to me. Team A is essentially our team that went down. Team B has a bunch of players who've survived in the PL.

Edited by kurtsimonw
  • Haha 1