January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

32 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Fer is a short term solution could have done a job until end of season but that's all in my eyes. 

Agreed.

Fer is going to be 30 next season and I thought Villa were changing there strategy from signing players with no sell on value. We need more McGinn's rather than Whelan's. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Merson08 said:

Agreed.

Fer is going to be 30 next season and I thought Villa were changing there strategy from signing players with no sell on value. We need more McGinn's rather than Whelan's. 

We are going to make a huge profit on mcginn that's for sure. I don't think he will leave in summer just yet. 

I think he will give us another season. Mcginn worth 10m minimum I'd say now. 

Stephan Johansen has just got a good analysis for his game against stoke....claiming to add steel to Albions Midfield....first game for them,I think.

Was he not gettable by us?

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

Stephan Johansen has just got a good analysis for his game against stoke....claiming to add steel to Albions Midfield....first game for them,I think.

Was he not gettable by us?

Perhaps we weren't interested in "adding steel" to our midfield.

2 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Perhaps we weren't interested in "adding steel" to our midfield.

Oh wonderful..... shall we just let them prance through the middle  then......Have you been watching how little close contact we have, when we are without the ball.....its powder puff.

So why did we try for Fer and Hayden then?

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

Oh wonderful..... shall we just let them prance through the middle  then......Have you been watching how little close contact we have, when we are without the ball.....its powder puff.

I certainly have, and fwiw I agree with you, but it seems the powers that be don't. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, vreitti said:

I certainly have, and fwiw I agree with you, but it seems the powers that be don't. 

Apologies, read you wrong.

thanks.....I have no idea what they think, it seems they can't say it, what ever they think for whatever reasons.

There are so many individual agenda's these days....its hard to understand what goes on.

Edited by TRO

17 minutes ago, vreitti said:

The problem for me is....I go on so much about the physicality of our game or lack of it( by some players not all)....it can seem like, I see nothing else, but I do.

The giving the ball away cheaply, is another major.

I better stop before i depress myself.....and you lot.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

There is a post going around showing how Norwich built their squad on 3.5 mill and are top.

How wasteful we have been over the years.

It can happen, when you're trying to buy yourselves up the table... and at the same time putting trust in the wrong people... but could it be, we've finally turned a corner, and are now on the right track? I'm sure we would've wanted to do more business in January... then again, I'm kinda glad we didn't panic and go down the same road as before. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

The problem for me is....I go on so much about the physicality of our game or lack of it( by some players not all)....it can seem like, I see nothing else, but I do.

The giving the ball away cheaply, is another major.

I better stop before i depress myself.....and you lot.

You are not wrong. My theory is DS et.al., made a judgement call, and decided in the main to see out the season with our overpaid and underperforming team of gutless softies. We all know how difficult it is to do a good deal in the January window.

I still think, any manager should be able to get this lot in the playoffs, and will be greatly disappointed should DS fail.

39 minutes ago, vreitti said:

It can happen, when you're trying to buy yourselves up the table... and at the same time putting trust in the wrong people... but could it be, we've finally turned a corner, and are now on the right track? I'm sure we would've wanted to do more business in January... then again, I'm kinda glad we didn't panic and go down the same road as before. 

Indeed, Wolves showed how THAT is done correctly.

We have always had one or the other factor totally off balance.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

There is a post going around showing how Norwich built their squad on 3.5 mill and are top.

How wasteful we have been over the years.

The scouting is/has been worse than the team itself.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Fer isnt a defensive midfielder though he is just a poorer more expensive version of McGinn

Just watched him tonight, they played him further forward.

If he isn't a defensive midfielder?......He certainly KNOWS how to play/ apply defensive skills during a game.

He was superb.

strikes me he can do both.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Just watched him tonight, they played him further forward.

If he isn't a defensive midfielder?......He certainly KNOWS how to play/ apply defensive skills during a game.

He was superb.

strikes me he can do both.

Where was he playing today vs who? 

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Where was he playing today vs who? 

Wolves V Newcastle Utd

1-1

Hayden ( scored) was very good, Wolves equalised in the last minute.

Edited by TRO

6 hours ago, vreitti said:

You are not wrong. My theory is DS et.al., made a judgement call, and decided in the main to see out the season with our overpaid and underperforming team of gutless softies. We all know how difficult it is to do a good deal in the January window.

I still think, any manager should be able to get this lot in the playoffs, and will be greatly disappointed should DS fail.

If you watched the Wolves v Newcastle game tonight....you will clearly see whats wrong with us....both teams show commitment and intensity, aside from their quality.

I am not going to call that... Manager or players....but it isn't right that's for sure.