January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Without drifting into politics I wonder with impending Brexit whether this will mean Bosman changes 

In theory it could yes, but I guess not if you're buying from a club covered by EU law. Seeing as the toffs want to get rid of your rights a by product might be that UK (for however long that's going to last, so let's say English) clubs get to treat players like chattels again....

On 07/02/2019 at 11:55, Villan4Life said:

Jake Hastie of Motherwell has impressed me. Going on good scoring run too. Scored an absolute  cracker against St Mirren last night.

Could be another gem to watch from Scotland. Midfielder/Winger aged 19. hopefully our scouts are watching players like Hastie

He has been in sublime form of late and has been impressive.

Like you say, his goal against St. Mirren was something else.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

I have no doubt in my mind we will see more attacking full backs next season who will probably be not so good defensively. 

I would be happy with Mings of he stays fit and carries on like he is. He looks good at cb and her apaprently is very good at left back but doesn't seem like a attacking full back to me. I would t be surprised if we signed him on a perm contract and he was played with Chester at cb next year

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I have no doubt in my mind we will see more attacking full backs next season who will probably be not so good defensively. 

I would be happy with Mings of he stays fit and carries on like he is. He looks good at cb and her apaprently is very good at left back but doesn't seem like a attacking full back to me. I would t be surprised if we signed him on a perm contract and he was played with Chester at cb next year

It would be nice if he was a permanent.

Reminds me abit like Ugo Ehiogu does in the way in which he would pop in the box for corners and get that header in for a goal and go run all way back to his area..

Compared to our hobbits in defence Mings is the beast from the split film lol..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I have no doubt in my mind we will see more attacking full backs next season.

Already signed the RB that kid in France.  Just need the LB and 2 kids from the youth to cover them.

26 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

According to the Birmingham Mail, a hamstring injury prevented us from signing Leroy Fer. He would’ve been perfect in this team, hopefully we go back in for him in the Summer

25 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I hope that Leroy Fer is no where near this club next season.

I don't know much about Fer, but simple question @Dr_Pangloss

Would he have been better than starting with Jedinak/Whelan?

If yes, that's what it comes down to for me.

That being said, I think in the summer we will hopefully revisit our top target because I doubt the likes of Fer was.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That being said, I think in the summer we will hopefully revisit our top target because I doubt the likes of Fer was.

He’s a much better and younger option than Jedinak/ Whelan, I hope we go back in for him

On 04/02/2019 at 06:29, DaveAV1 said:

Hause is a strange one. He had a poor debut and since then hasn’t really featured. I’d think it strange if we have given up on him so soon so you’d have to assume he’s not fully fit. Wasn’t there some concerns about an injury when he signed and that was the season why we agreed a loan deal with the option to buy, instead of a straight purchase?

What ever the reason....I think the real concern is, has anyone studied the player at all, was he " Just available".....I thought we had moved on from this? 

19 minutes ago, TRO said:

What ever the reason....I think the real concern is, has anyone studied the player at all, was he " Just available".....I thought we had moved on from this? 

Only time will tell, the one thing that money can’t buy. 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Fer isnt a defensive midfielder though he is just a poorer more expensive version of McGinn