January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

4 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Its this January just gone that they declined our offer. Apparently it was the second time they had knocked an offer back which is why Harold was devastated it seems and fuming with his club.

I don't blame Harold Moukoudi if he was looking forward to a move to us and has been denied the chance to move on.

21 and a central defender 6ft 3inch and 11 stone 6 pounds could of been fantastic in our defence, hopefully we can go back for him and the move pays off in the summer.

It seems we've highlighted him as a target anyway and unless someone comes and snaps him up I think he will be our central defender as soon as possible.

So he refused to join us in the summer but is now seemingly desperate to join us?

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Didnt he refuse to sign because of management

Apparently. Now I'm a huge supporter of Smith so this certainly isn't a dig but its not like our style of play has improved 10 fold in the couple of months Smith has been here. 

I also have doubts that the club itself would be back in for a player that turned us down a few months back. 

Looks like a nonsense story to me. 

18 hours ago, Dave-R said:

According to the media Harold Moukoudi is more than angry at Le Havre for not completeing the 7 million move to villa and he's accused them of treating him as a financial product.

Do you think we will try go back for The 21 year old in the summer? I think we should and make a slightly higher offer of around 9-11 million which may stop any nonsense next time.

He's out of contract in summer and will leave them as a free agent.West Ham and Dortmund are apparently interested in him on a free.

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Shame we cannot sign him now on a pre-contract agreement as the bosman rules allow.

i'd love us try get Joe Aribo from Charlton as he is also free agent in summer. German clubs watching him too apparently.

Edited by Villan4Life

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Didnt he refuse to sign because of management

From what I remember he was keen on the club, just not on the manager selling it to him at the time.

The fact we have a new manager and he is pissed he couldn't join in January just gone would have legs to it.

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Shame we cannot sign him now on a pre-contract agreement as the bosman rules allow.

Without drifting into politics I wonder with impending Brexit whether this will mean Bosman changes 

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

What position is he V4L?  

Kids and grown ups would love him so!.. ;)

Central Midfielder mate i've seen him play 6 times would be brilliant pickup if could somehow get him on bosman

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/joe-aribo-charlton-athletic-transfer-news-bundeliga-move-frankfurt-benfica-latest-a8681186.html

Charlton Athletic midfielder Joe Aribo is set to be the latest English youngster to develop his career in Germany.

The 22-year-old has six months left on his contract at the Valley and is free to negotiate a pre-contract agreement with foreign clubs next month.

Frankfurt and Benfica are at the front of the queue to sign the youngster, who has been one of the stars of Charlton's season so far, with Lee Bowyer's team currently fifth in League One.

Charlton have been trying to keep hold of Aribo for some time but he has fallen victim of Roland Duchatelet's cost-cutting measures. The club offered Aribo a new and improved long-term deal in the summer, only to withdraw it and then offer half as much money instead.

They have recently made one final bid to keep him with a new improved deal at the Valley but Aribo is much likelier to leave than to stay. There is long-standing interest in the young midfielder from Tottenham, Southampton and Derby County, who were all keen on a potential £1m deal this summer. But the player is now seriously considering a move abroad, inspired by the recent successes of Jadon Sancho and Reiss Nelson in the Bundesliga, with a move there the likeliest outcome.

In recent years Charlton have sold Joe Gomez to Liverpool for £3.5m, Ademola Lookman to Everton for an initial £8m and Ezri Konsa to Brentford to £3m, but the club still languishes in League One under Duchatelet's ownership

Edited by Villan4Life

1 minute ago, Villan4Life said:

Central Midfielder mate

Wouldn't it be funny if we signed both him and Lolley?

A  Aribo   Lolley in midfield... 

Will be even funnier when the manager shouts instructions at either to push up.

Pack_large_MaxHariboPushUp178-960672.png

Sorry for making a mockery of this thread.

I am now leaving.   :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

i'd love us try get Joe Aribo from Charlton as he is also free agent in summer. German clubs watching him too apparently.

Couldn't agree more, has the sort of dynamism we lack, failure to secure players like this, or at least be in the mix will show us that we don't quite have the right brains behind the scenes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Couldn't agree more, has the sort of dynamism we lack, failure to secure players like this, or at least be in the mix will show us that we don't quite have the right brains behind the scenes.

Quite few other good lower league players we can also get on bosman's in summer but i have feeling we might be looking more towards Europe. I'll post my want list once i see if the players i liked have signed new deals or not before end June/Early July.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, av1 said:

So he refused to join us in the summer but is now seemingly desperate to join us?

It sounds like that doesn't it.

He said he didn't want to join at that time in his career and felt it was too soon to move or something like that.

It sounds to me as he made a choice to stay at his club then soon later regretted that choice and tried to leave but his club decided to keep him for more money that would hopefully come with his sale.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He can sign a pre contract now so we should be contacting him now 

That would be great then, we should Totally go for the youngster.

I fear though the upper clubs will snap him up just for being young age which really annoys me as he will most likely choose them.

Can't wait for those fifa rules to come in..

On 07/02/2019 at 11:55, Villan4Life said:

Jake Hastie of Motherwell has impressed me. Going on good scoring run too. Scored an absolute  cracker against St Mirren last night.

Could be another gem to watch from Scotland. Midfielder/Winger aged 19. hopefully our scouts are watching players like Hastie

The Baggies, Leeds & Norwich all had scouts in attendance watching Hastie against St Mirren last week when he scored a great goal and had very good game

• Like 1