January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Completely agree, but Busquets as an example is a very good playmaker as well, which was my main point, however poorly it was made. It's possible to have a more defensive midfielder that's still able to participate in free flowing passing football. Funnily enough the term midfielder anchor is rather negative, but it describes Whelan and Jedinak to a T. 

You are quite right....at that level they have much more than just getting a foot in or being a protective shield for the defence....but that is what we have to aim for on an incremental basis.... each window we should in theory be gradually increasing the quality of the player.....for the last 10 years or so, we seemed to have managed the opposite

The problem we now have is the lower you sink, the more likely the individual players have less attributes, so you gradually get worse.

I am hoping we can reverse the trend, with these new owners.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TRO said:

You are quite right....at that level they have much more than just getting a foot in or being a protective shield for the defence....but that is what we have to aim for on an incremental basis.... each window we should in theory be gradually increasing the quality of the player.....for the last 10 years or so, we seemed to have managed the opposite

The problem we now have is the lower you sink, the more likely the individual players have less attributes, so you gradually get worse.

I am hoping we can reverse the trend, with these new owners.

Yeah, i do think that although we didnt address all our issues in this window, Kalinic, Hause, Mings, guilbert & Carroll is a decent enough window, just need another 3-6 decent signings in the summer and we are looking pretty good imo.

I really hope we make Mings signing permanent, then also Hause/Carroll depending on how they perform ofc.

I already get the impression that DS doesnt rate Hause though, either that or he's not fit.

Edited by MaVilla

7 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Yeah, i do think that although we didnt address all our issues in this window, Kalinic, Hause, Mings, guilbert & Carroll is a decent enough window, just need another 3-6 decent signings in the summer and we are looking pretty good imo.

I really hope we make Mings signing permanent, then also Hause/Carroll depending on how they perform ofc.

I already get the impression that DS doesnt rate Hause though, either that or he's not fit.

Hause is a strange one. He had a poor debut and since then hasn’t really featured. I’d think it strange if we have given up on him so soon so you’d have to assume he’s not fully fit. Wasn’t there some concerns about an injury when he signed and that was the season why we agreed a loan deal with the option to buy, instead of a straight purchase?

Last night Newport's RW Willmott had an absolute brilliant performance against Middlesbrough, He would be cheap and maybe the future players we will be trying to sign?

Not him per se as he is 28 years old, but players with the minerals to boss the game.

Edited by Merson08

On 05/02/2019 at 20:33, romavillan said:

I'm waiting for a left back.

Out of contract Patrice Evra has offered his services to Juve since they have some injury trouble.

Perhaps we could tempt him :D 

Only 37 y.o

• Haha 1

Jake Hastie of Motherwell has impressed me. Going on good scoring run too. Scored an absolute  cracker against St Mirren last night.

Could be another gem to watch from Scotland. Midfielder/Winger aged 19. hopefully our scouts are watching players like Hastie

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

Out of contract Patrice Evra has offered his services to Juve since they have some injury trouble.

Perhaps we could tempt him :D 

Only 37 y.o

maybe not the type of character we need :o 

Image result for evra chicken

According to the media Harold Moukoudi is more than angry at Le Havre for not completeing the 7 million move to villa and he's accused them of treating him as a financial product.

Do you think we will try go back for The 21 year old in the summer? I think we should and make a slightly higher offer of around 9-11 million which may stop any nonsense next time.

13 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

According to the media Harold Moukoudi is more than angry at Le Havre for not completeing the 7 million move to villa and he's accused them of treating him as a financial product.

Do you think we will try go back for The 21 year old in the summer? I think we should and make a slightly higher offer of around 9-11 million which may stop any nonsense next time.

Is that from the past January just gone, or the first time we tried to sign him?

Surely it could not be this January just past as a few on here are convinced we were twiddling our thumbs.

Note to Makoudi, you're ALL financial products mate.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

10 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is that from the past January just gone, or the first time we tried to sign him?

Surely it could not be this January just past as a few on here are convinced we were twiddling our thumbs.

Note to Makoudi, you're ALL financial products mate.

Its this January just gone that they declined our offer. Apparently it was the second time they had knocked an offer back which is why Harold was devastated it seems and fuming with his club.

I don't blame Harold Moukoudi if he was looking forward to a move to us and has been denied the chance to move on.

21 and a central defender 6ft 3inch and 11 stone 6 pounds could of been fantastic in our defence, hopefully we can go back for him and the move pays off in the summer.

It seems we've highlighted him as a target anyway and unless someone comes and snaps him up I think he will be our central defender as soon as possible.

4 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Its this January just gone that they declined our offer. Apparently it was the second time they had knocked an offer back which is why Harold was devastated it seems and fuming with his club.

I don't blame Harold Moukoudi if he was looking forward to a move to us and has been denied the chance to move on.

21 and a central defender 6ft 3inch and 11 stone 6 pounds could of been fantastic in our defence, hopefully we can go back for him and the move pays off in the summer.

It seems we've highlighted him as a target anyway and unless someone comes and snaps him up I think he will be our central defender as soon as possible.

Prob explains why we went for mings instead.