January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

24 minutes ago, hippo said:

What gets me he said he doesnt like loans as he wants to build for the future....then goes and errr loans !

As an aside the loaning of players is becoming an absolute farce...not just at villa...its getting like guns for hire..

Maybe we should not have bothered signing anyone on that basis and stuck with what we had. That would have certainly pleased many.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

54 minutes ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

I meant at an absolute minimum, at least a loan could have been conducted. Obviously it is not optimal, but given the emergency nature of the LB position, a loan would have been better than what we have .

Honestly, the level of comprehension of some people on here is ridiculous. Some people really need to have a look at themselves. 

I Was talking about DS not liking loans....not yourself !

36 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Maybe we should not have bothered signing anyone on that basis and stuck with what we had. That would have certainly pleased many.

I dont really have a problems with the players loaned....provided he can stay injury free Mings could be very useful.

My point was smith saying he didnt like loans...then goes and brings 3 players in on loan !

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

I dont really have a problems with the players loaned....provided he can stay injury free Mings could be very useful.

My point was smith saying he didnt like loans...then goes and brings 3 players in on loan !

but loans that all have a permanent option to buy at the end? 

Mings, Carroll and Hause are all players who have had bad injuries, or lack of first team football, therefore there is a high risk they might not reclaim their form/potential.

Would you rather we spanked 10-15 mil on these players now? At least if they don't work out we've only lost whatever we've paid in wages or loan fees.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

Think there’s a big difference between just loaning a player and loaning a player with some sort of option to buy them at the end of it.

20 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Mings, Carroll and Hause are all players who have had bad injuries, or lack of first team football, therefore there is a high risk they might not reclaim their form/potential.

Would you rather we spanked 10-15 mil on these players now? At least if they don't work out we've only lost whatever we've paid in wages or loan fees.

This

20 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Think there’s a big difference between just loaning a player and loaning a player with some sort of option to buy them at the end of it.

And this.

For once the club have done a very sensible thing.

Had we just loaned with no obligation then yeah I see the negatives of that, but we have safe gaurded ourselves that since we are doing the donkey work getting these players up to scratch it's only fair we have a stipulation in place that gives us first refusal on them if we wanted to make the loans perminant.

3 minutes ago, KHV said:

Hause, Mings and Carroll are not an improvement on anything we already had.

A really underwhelming window IMO

Maybe not, but they are equally a good addition for the position we are in. Should we have not bothered signing anyone do you think?

18 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Im pretty sure i didnt post anything spunking £15m on theses players.

I was just making the point that our head coach said he was against loans. And then went out and brought 3 players in on loan .

5 minutes ago, KHV said:

Hause, Mings and Carroll are not an improvement on anything we already had.

A really underwhelming window IMO

If he stays fit I think mings is. But then if he stays fit I doubt bournemouth would sell him.

Early days for the others - on the face of it though they arent very inspiring.

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

This

And this.

For once the club have done a very sensible thing.

Had we just loaned with no obligation then yeah I see the negatives of that, but we have safe gaurded ourselves that since we are doing the donkey work getting these players up to scratch it's only fair we have a stipulation in place that gives us first refusal on them if we wanted to make the loans perminant.

What do you mean for once ?

Elghazi has an option to buy

Think we loaned curtis davis before buying him...

The mings option barely seems an option at all tbh . If any club outbids us ...we have to match it....and should he prove his fitness it wouldnt surprise if he opted to stay at Bournemouth.....

But lots could happen before the season ends...

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Maybe not, but they are equally a good addition for the position we are in. Should we have not bothered signing anyone do you think?

We needed a quality DM, a quality left back and a quality right back.

We bought no full backs  and we got another powderpuff slow midfielder 

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

What do you mean for once ?

Elghazi has an option to buy

Think we loaned curtis davis before buying him...

The mings option barely seems an option at all tbh . If any club outbids us ...we have to match it....and should he prove his fitness it wouldnt surprise if he opted to stay at Bournemouth.....

But lots could happen before the season ends...

Curtis Davies was over 10 years ago, look at the shite that's came and went since.

El Ghazi part of our new regime that know what they are doing hence why we are putting in these right to buy cluses at the end of loans in place now in any deals.

Fwiw I feel if Mings has a good season here he would want to stay.

3 minutes ago, KHV said:

We needed a quality DM, a quality left back and a quality right back.

We bought no full backs  and we got another powderpuff slow midfielder 

Again, quality is not always available in January buddy. It's frustrating for us all.

The full backs do not really need addressing as I highlighted elsewhere - more them getting their act together and start putting in a shift.

As for Carroll whom I assume you refer to, have you ever seen him play?

I think it's unfair to write him off before he has even kicked a ball for us, but he is a player who can play the DM position.

13 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

They don't have a coice if we have a right to buy at the end though surely?

At best it is an option to buy (Right to buy is a council house purchase scheme!!!)  - but there is some clause that gives us the option to match any bid received from another club (nicely negotiated !!!) - and of course if Mings opts to stay at Bournemouth - he can always decline the move.

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Again, quality is not always available in January buddy. It's frustrating for us all.

The full backs do not really need addressing as I highlighted elsewhere - more them getting their act together and start putting in a shift.

As for Carroll whom I assume you refer to, have you ever seen him play?

I think it's unfair to write him off before he has even kicked a ball for us, but he is a player who can play the DM position.

I saw him play for Spurs and QPR. Had friends who supported them who took me to games when I used to be London a lot. Probably seem him about 15-20 times over the years. Not impressed me once. Swansea seem happy for him to go too

14 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Curtis Davies was over 10 years ago, look at the shite that's came and went since.

El Ghazi part of our new regime that know what they are doing hence why we are putting in these right to buy cluses at the end of loans in place now in any deals.

Fwiw I feel if Mings has a good season here he would want to stay.

What I meant was these new batch of loans aren't anything unique.

I quite rate Mings .....But there are lots of ways it could pan out - From his injury problems continuing - to him playing brilliantly and other clubs come in for him at a price we can not match (Bournemouth paid £8m for him I believe)  Lets get him up to speed with some game time and take it from there.....

28 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

They don't have a coice if we have a right to buy at the end though surely?

I think that’s right. Don’t we have first option ahead of the club with these sort of deals? I’m sure I’ve heard that’s how it usually works, so long as you pay 100% of their wages during the initial loan. 

On 01/02/2019 at 13:22, Risso said:

I agree, unfortunately.  Signing three unfit players and not fixing the most pressing problems in the team is not a good sign at all.

Who are they? Mings is in the starting eleven today and Carroll and Hause are on the bench.

• Like 1