January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

7 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Is the loan window still open after Thursday?

I could be wrong but I don't think there is an extended loan period in January.

I'm sure everything is concluded on Thursday. 

19 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I think two players before Thursday would make a huge difference to the side and the rest of our season. A LB and a defensive midfielder with mobility.

I think we will be trying for at least these two between now and Thursday, let’s hope they manage it. 

Those would be my two choices aswell. A CB would be an added bonus. 

I wonder if there was any truth in the Isaac Hayden rumours? Apparently wanted to leave Newcastle for "personal reasons" but he seems to have started a few games for them recently. 

Brum mail reporting on a team talk report? Talk about desperation, three players all of whom don't play in positions we need cover for!

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-keen-seal-transfer-15739466

Aston Villa keen to seal transfer deals for THREE players from same club - reports

Latest AVFC transfer news includes the latest ahead of Thursday's deadline

Aston Villa are battling to sign three players from Fulham before the transfer window closes, according to reports.

The claret and blues have until 11pm on Thursday to get deals over the line in order to boost their play-off bid.

Dean Smith revealed after Saturday’s win over Ipswich Town that Villa are hoping to add as many as three new recruits.

And they are being liked with a trio of players – all from Fulham

TeamTalk report that Villa are among the sides interested in signing Stefan Johansen, Floyd Ayite and Neeskens Kebano.

They each had a hand in Fulham’s promotion to the Premier League last season, achieved by beating Villa in the play-off final at Wembley in May.

5 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Brum mail reporting on a team talk report? Talk about desperation, three players all of whom don't play in positions we need cover for!

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-keen-seal-transfer-15739466

Aston Villa keen to seal transfer deals for THREE players from same club - reports

Latest AVFC transfer news includes the latest ahead of Thursday's deadline

Aston Villa are battling to sign three players from Fulham before the transfer window closes, according to reports.

The claret and blues have until 11pm on Thursday to get deals over the line in order to boost their play-off bid.

Dean Smith revealed after Saturday’s win over Ipswich Town that Villa are hoping to add as many as three new recruits.

And they are being liked with a trio of players – all from Fulham

TeamTalk report that Villa are among the sides interested in signing Stefan Johansen, Floyd Ayite and Neeskens Kebano.

They each had a hand in Fulham’s promotion to the Premier League last season, achieved by beating Villa in the play-off final at Wembley in May.

Very much doubt we would be in for all the 3 considering 2 out the 3 are wingers and one is a CM. Also , Smith said defence is the priority this window 

26 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

A left back who can play CB, if required, such as Mings and a DCM/CM who can retain possession, has good passing range and can switch up the tempo. Anything else is a bonus. 

I think the Brentford lad we were linked with is also capable of playing both positions. 

Yohan Barbet (SP?)

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I thought Hause was that kind of player anyway

Apparently so yes, hopefully his lack of game time so far is purely down to fitness.