January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

I would like to see us looking at a player like Dan Crowley as cover for Grealish.

He is young with lots of potential.

Need to make sure his attitude has changed but I think being in Holland has been good for his maturity. Not sure if he burnt all his bridges when he left for Arsenal. He needs to be playing regularly if he is to develop.

• Haha 1

Just now, rodders0223 said:

If we don't find two fullbacks this window I am not sure how much longer I can watch this shite.

Ab-sa-bloody-lutely - would transform us, which speaks volumes for the options we currently have. 

• Like 1

On 22/01/2019 at 20:52, Delphinho123 said:

Can anyone name a better squad than ours in this league? 

Do we even need to sign any players @pacbuddies ? I think Smith just needs to get more out of the players he currently has..

You really are a funny bloke. Why don't you change the record. You still haven't named one team with a better squad than ours. Just because Smith hasn't got them firing on all cylinders yet doesn't mean they are shit. We have done Albion, Boro and Derby on their own patch and all 3 are nicely placed in the play offs.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hippo said:

People at the ground were saying Cahill on loan.cant see that myself goes against everything smith has said about lowering the age of the squad and not liking loans.

I think that is the general policy, but there are always exceptions and in our present predicament Gary Cahill on loan may be one of those exceptions. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think that is the general policy, but there are always exceptions and in our present predicament Gary Cahill on loan may be one of those exceptions. 

Still dont see it.....Elphick is playing reasonably well. Chester may or may not being playing with an injury (depends what u read !) ....but has kept his place in the team despite the signing of kourtney house........

so would very interesting if he did join us.....I assuming it would only be a loan ?

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The other link seems to be Charlie Austin. If we could get him on a perm man that be a incredible signing fir this level

And where does he play? Smith prefers 1 up top and no one is displacing Tammy. 

The only thing incredible about it would our ability to yet again spunk a load of money on another injury prone bench warmer. 

Cahill and Austin seem like such lazy links...  They go against everything that the powers at be at the club have been saying.  There isn't any information leaking out of Villa Park, so the papers need to make garbage like this up.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure the comments about young and hungry and adding value only refer to players we actually buy.  Surely the philosophy should be ANY loan is OK as long as they are affordable and they improve the squad. 

I still don't think Cahill is coming but unless we are about to permanently sign a new central defender who will become our new first choice in that position I don't see any harm with a 3 month loan. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MarkLillis said:

Really?

The team that got relegated was one of the worst to grace the Premier League.

Wheras Newcastle had a side that was poorly managed but full of quality.

Many if the players in that Villa side have have gone on to much better things. 

Players like Amavi, Vererout, Gueye, Traore and even Ayew should have done much better.

Makes me wonder if Paddy Reilly was really that bad. Tim Sherwood has an awful lot to answer for.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, hippo said:

Still dont see it.....Elphick is playing reasonably well. Chester may or may not being playing with an injury (depends what u read !) ....but has kept his place in the team despite the signing of kourtney house........

so would very interesting if he did join us.....I assuming it would only be a loan ?

I would have thought loan yes, if it happens. I think it may also depend on when we’re expecting Tuanzebe to be back.