January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Bree is the future, I don’t know whether he’ll be a centre back or right back. According to wiki, Hutton has played for us 173 times, he’s a cult hero for me. Taylor is an experienced pro, he’s been there and done it. I don’t know why our full backs get so much hate on here, they always give 100%. They may not be the best players technically but you can’t fault them for effort in my opinion 

That's just not true though is it, more than once both Hutton and Taylor have been beaten and rather than chase their man down the just stroll back towards goal, we have actually conceded more than one or two goals from this exact scenario.

Trying hard is like a trope we all roll out to cover the fact a player is terrible, even when at times the don't actually try at all, or try as much as some imply they do.

Just because a player plays a lot of games for a club doesn't automatically make them a cult hero for me, if you look at Taylor's and huttons contribution overall it's probably equally positive and negative.

All it eludes to overall tbh, is that we have a terrible transfer policy historically and this has lead to players like Hutton and Taylor being able to actually play lots of games for us.

Don't forget Lambert tried to get rid of Hutton how many years ago??, 5??, and he's still here and we haven't got a better replacement?

Fair play to Hutton for getting back in to the team, I give him credit there, but damn what a statement that is for us as a club over the last few years.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Who the hell is Dave Jenkins? 

Sounds like the stuff which comes out of Bulls bottoms to me 

He has posted some decent stuff in the past, dunno what his recent record is like

1 hour ago, Dale said:

Comes as no suprise really. I mentioned this Tuesday and for me the move totally made sense and added up.

On 22/01/2019 at 08:52, AvfcRigo82 said:

I now wonder with the Bolasie deal being cut short that we go back in for Cahill at Chelsea as a loan to begin with and then we offer him another 1 yr contract come June once he is a free agent.

We are back to one CB again in Elphick, with Hause not looking convincing yet and Chester playing injured and Tuanzebe still out? 

Question is, would Chelsea want us to pay the full £130k wages for his loan or allow us to pay 75% (Bolasie wage), and then Cahill also taking a pay cut to join us at the end of the season.

What do you all think about this happening?...

I've said it before, I Would be very pleased to get Cahill back here and he is exactly what we need right now.

Brilliant move by the club if they pull it off.

• Like 1