January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why the hate for the full backs? In my opinion, they are solid pros who are coming to the end of their careers who have served us well 

Not everyone views our players with such rose tinted glasses as yourself SGC. Our current full backs are absolute garbage.

Hutton although passionate is distinctly average and definitely getting worse. Bree deserves a chance but so far has shown he's got a lot of work to do and Taylor is quite frankly awful. He offers nothing going forward and is very easily beaten by opposition attackers. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Not everyone views our players with such rose tinted glasses as yourself SGC. Our current full backs are absolute garbage.

Hutton although passionate is distinctly average and definitely getting worse. Bree deserves a chance but so far has shown he's got a lot of work to do and Taylor is quite frankly awful. He offers nothing going forward and is very easily beaten by opposition attackers. 

Bree is the future, I don’t know whether he’ll be a centre back or right back. According to wiki, Hutton has played for us 173 times, he’s a cult hero for me. Taylor is an experienced pro, he’s been there and done it. I don’t know why our full backs get so much hate on here, they always give 100%. They may not be the best players technically but you can’t fault them for effort in my opinion 

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Bree is the future, I don’t know whether he’ll be a centre back or right back. According to wiki, Hutton has played for us 173 times, he’s a cult hero for me. Taylor is an experienced pro, he’s been there and done it. I don’t know why our full backs get so much hate on here, they always give 100%. They may not be the best players technically but you can’t fault them for effort in my opinion 

It's mainly because we concede an absolute shed load of goals because of them.

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why the hate for the full backs? In my opinion, they are solid pros who are coming to the end of their careers who have served us well 

No hate, just an honest appraisal of their aptitude. They’re not very good. 

I’d also question your point that Taylor always gives 100%. His performance at Wigan away suggests otherwise and recently Hutton has mastered the art of ambling back after losing possession.

Edited by Robbie09
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

No hate, just an honest appraisal of their aptitude. They’re not very good. 

I’d also question your point that Taylor always gives 100%. His performance at Wigan away suggests otherwise and recently Hutton has mastered the art of ambling back after losing possession.

Let’s face it, Hutton is out of contract at the end of the season, he’ll probably leave sadly, he’s a cult hero in my eyes. I didn’t see the Wigan match, just saw highlights on Quest, so I can’t really comment 

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why do you think this?

We'll he's been here for two years and he's barely had a look in under two managers, both of whom have preferred Alan Hutton.

I get what you're saying with the fullbacks. I think we're all frustrated...they try hard, are honest players, but they are both frustrating. Sometimes the frustration comes across as dislike...we need better though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, praisedmambo said:

We'll he's been here for two years and he's barely had a look in under two managers, both of whom have preferred Alan Hutton.

I get what you're saying with the fullbacks. I think we're all frustrated...they try hard, are honest players, but they are both frustrating. Sometimes the frustration comes across as dislike...we need better though.

I think we are correct, do we have funds to get better full backs? I don’t know, only the owners and manager know that, I expect Bree to be our first choice right back next season

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why do you think this?

I just think hes versatile but not really Prem standard. And hopefully thats our future and any right back or centre half coming in should feasibly be a prem player.

Hey, its kind of a compliment. The only defender we own that I would keep is Bree.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I just think hes versatile but not really Prem standard. And hopefully thats our future and any right back or centre half coming in should feasibly be a prem player.

Hey, its kind of a compliment. The only defender we own that I would keep is Bree.

I think he could be a Prem player, maybe not now but certainly in the future in my opinion

19 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

He was 19 when we signed him. Given the managers who overlooked him, and the panic to get back to the PL, I'd say he will get his chance under DS.i

Edited by SirSteveUK
  • Like 2

re: fullbacks. It's unusual to have 3 of them with the positional sense of Ray Charles and the pace of a continental shelf, but there we go. That's our reality.

Elmo is really just a rubbish wide mid who used to put good crosses in, Hutton has the heart of a Lion and the brain of a Lion, and unfortunately the odd heroic mazy run can't mask how bad he is at defending. Taylor is... a craftsman of pure tear-wrought sadness.

They're not scumbags or malcontents, just rubbish. I don't hate them, I just don't want them to play for us again. We need 2 more as a matter of great importance.

Edited by Mazrim
  • Like 4

Just been talking to a friend who is a Walsall ST holder, here is a few of his thoughts. 

On Smith

Pretty much was many on here have suggested regarding one step back in order to take two steps forward. Is convinced he will take us up next season and claims it was the best football he has ever seen down Bescot. 

On signings

Thinks both Sawyers and Henry would be great signings.

Henry

Said he is absolutely brilliant going forward and reminded him of a young Ashley Cole. However the defensive side of his game wasn't great, his willingness to get forward often left them exposed at the back, so requires a hard working LW or CDM to frequently fill in the gaps. 

Sawyers

Apparently split the fan base (he was a fan). Comfortable on the ball with obvious class but apparently has a lanquid style (he used Berbatov as an example) that leads many to think he isn't trying. 

8 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I like Bree too and I would rather give our youth a chance and for bad or worse give them a would rather give our youth a chance and for bad or worse give them a chancechance. If they make mistakes I will still back them up to a point.

Saying that, I sometimes watch him and think he is worse on the ball than Alan.

I remember lisening to Alan Brazil talking about Marcus Rashford a few months ago. His take on young players was that sometimes you have to just say to them ' you are starting the next 6/8 games for better or worse'

Thinks it's much more difficult when you are only giving them the odd 20 minutes as they are always trying to hard to impress when limited. 

Edited by av1