January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

So Bournmouth beat us to Mepham for £12m...  and yet we should pay them £8m for an injured donkey!?...

No thank you.

Donkey?

I’d agree it’s over-priced but I’d very surprised if he went for much less. I imagine it’ll be an end of the season loan with an option to buy for whoever gets him.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

He's easily worth it if he can stay fit. With that big if in mind though, I would add clauses where we pay more the more he plays. So say no to 8m but yes to 3m and 2m per every 15 games up to a max of 11m.

So he does his ACL again and he's only cost us £3m...and £7m in wages over his contract.

9 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yep, as mentioned he has been injured and out for lenghty periods.

Do we need more people like this?

I'd rather not take the risk unless it's a loan.

Yes he has a poor injury record, as noted, this doesn’t make him a donkey he’s a quality player from what I’ve seen of him.

I’m not trying to justify the fee or say what we should be paying for him, in fact I’d be very much in the camp of he’s too expensive both in wages and fee. What I’m saying is what I think he would cost, particularly looking at how much other long lay off and unproven players are currently going for.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tayls said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Richards stayed in some capacity. Isn’t he involved in coaching or something along those lines... 

I would be absolutely flabbergasted if Micah stayed in any circumstances after his contract expires. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yep, as mentioned he has been injured and out for lenghty periods.

Do we need more people like this?

I'd rather not take the risk unless it's a loan.

So you throw around negative characteristics of people based on their injury records? Come on man. 

2 minutes ago, Skruff said:

So you throw around negative characteristics of people based on their injury records? Come on man. 

Have we not learned anything though as a club?

Okay everyone gets injured in their career I accept that, but the lengthy injury he has had, do we want to splash heavy money on a lengthy contract on a player like this playing russian roulette in a hope he is now fine.

I think we have every right to be cautious given past experiences.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Middlesbrough have signed Mikel, I would of liked to have seen him come this way. 

I have always hated Mborough for either signing some of our best players or signing players I would like here from way back to the JG era.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sne said:

Turkish site Fanatic claim we were scouting Turkish wonder kid Ömer Faruk Beyaz when their U16 side played recently.

Along with long list of clubs containing Bayern, Dortmund, Man U & C, Juve...

https://www.fanatik.com.tr/avrupa-onun-pesinde-omer-faruk-beyaz-2038945

Wonder if Alpay can put in a good word for us? :crylaugh:

Only if the said player wants a face full of phlegm.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, penguin said:

Yes he has a poor injury record, as noted, this doesn’t make him a donkey he’s a quality player from what I’ve seen of him.

I’m not trying to justify the fee or say what we should be paying for him, in fact I’d be very much in the camp of he’s too expensive both in wages and fee. What I’m saying is what I think he would cost, particularly looking at how much other long lay off and unproven players are currently going for.

Last time he played regular football was 5 years ago.

There was a time Micah Richards was a quality footballer too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 7392craig said:

I’m not arguing about you being a well run club, and many other clubs follow your model of buying cheap and selling high. I was just pointing out that beating us has very little to do with your overall success.

Can’t argue with your last point,I got a bit carried away.You have to remember playing a game at Villa park a few years back would represent a great fa cup fixture for us

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Mings played about 20 games in 4 years and people are debating how much to pay for him? Can we just stop with these signings all together?

We shouldn't part with any cash for that kind of record, we shouldn't even take on his contract. If Bournemouth want to lend him to us free of charge to get him up to speed ( or try) then fair enough let's do it.
Otherwise, no. Get ****.

Let's stop taking over contracts for garbage players.
Let's stop doing clubs favours by paying towards salaries for unwanted squad members.
Let's stop using this club as a tool to give players match fitness ( and having us somehow pay for the benefit)

We loan out an unwanted player and we get nothing, yet we seem to bend over backwards to tie up deals for 7th choice players at other squads.

Bournemouth sold us Elphick and he proved to be not the same player than he was prior to injury, so we would be right to ask for a loan with an option to buy.

We then have the opportunity to look at him, ensure his fitness and check that he's still the player he was (rather than a donkey) before parting with our cash. Any fee for the loan and the percentage of his wages that we meet, should then be dependent on the number of games that he plays for us until the end of the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Last time he played regular football was 5 years ago.

There was a time Micah Richards was a quality footballer too.

He was absolutely sensational against us in the FA Cup third round about 25 years ago. Scored a equaliser in injury time IIRC. It was his break through performance.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

He was absolutely sensational against us in the FA Cup third round about 25 years ago. Scored a equaliser in injury time IIRC. It was his break through performance.

He's older than I thought