January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

34 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I don't think that Brentford fan likes us very much.

Never seen such hostility from a visiting fan before.

I can understand it to a degree. A fat cat on its downers keep picking on them for people. It would piss me off too.

19 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I can understand it to a degree. A fat cat on its downers keep picking on them for people. It would piss me off too.

I dread to think what Southampton fans think of Liverpool then.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, 7392craig said:

Still doesn’t change the fact that they ARE a selling club who likely will never compete.

Of course we are a selling club,aren’t most.We are a small club who are punching above our weight in the Championship whereas you are one of the many big clubs who are focused on the PL and won’t be happy until you get back there.Most of our fans understand we have to sell to survive otherwise we will end up bouncing around in Div 1 and 2 like we have for the last 60 years.The model might one day get us into the play offs again but I suspect we will be lucky to keep producing or scouting good young players at the present rate.Mepham was the first player we have sold to a PL side so all our other big transfers have gone to our rivals in the championship.

3 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Of course we are a selling club,aren’t most.We are a small club who are punching above our weight in the Championship whereas you are one of the many big clubs who are focused on the PL and won’t be happy until you get back there.Most of our fans understand we have to sell to survive otherwise we will end up bouncing around in Div 1 and 2 like we have for the last 60 years.The model might one day get us into the play offs again but I suspect we will be lucky to keep producing or scouting good young players at the present rate.Mepham was the first player we have sold to a PL side so all our other big transfers have gone to our rivals in the championship.

I'm not sure where the hostility comes from on here, there is no difference - if one of ours does well, they get poached too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

Brentford are actually a very well run club. They don't have the benefit of being a club flush with cash and so are making the best of buying, developing and selling players for high prices. Eventually they will benefit from this and they have proved that they can spend the money wisely and compete in the Championship.

2015/16 - Arrivals - 9.37m   Departures - 22.95m

2016/17 - Arrivals - 4.64m  Departures - 12.96m

2017/18 - Arrivals - 5.49m  Departures - 13.65m

2018/19 - Arrivals 5.90m  Departures - 26.51m

A lot of clubs in the Championship have to work this model until they finally acheive promotion, some doing it better than others. It's something we now need to be doing as well instead of spunking money up the wall at every oppurtunity.

That’s quite interesting, wonder what Brighton and Huddersfield’s transfer ins and outs were like before promotion, don’t really recall them selling many big names, think Ulloa went for 7 million off top of my head. 

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Yorke, Barry, Milner, Benteke, Delph.

Considering that's over 20 years it shows how few players we have that do particularly well though 😂

Savo did well when he left.... and Cahill 

Edited by Tommo_b

26 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Yorke, Barry, Milner, Benteke, Delph.

Considering that's over 20 years it shows how few players we have that do particularly well though 😂

Young, Downing, Gueye, Vertout, Amavi, Traore, Cahill, Hogg (he's a prem player at least!), Clark, Westwood...

EDIT: so maybe not all of them did so well for us that they were poached but you could probably put a few on that list. Gueye, Amavi (ish), Traore (ish), Clark?!

Edited by praisedmambo

When was the last time Brentford managed anything?

Hat off to them for making a profit on selling players, but if their big moment as a club is beating us under Steve Bruce it all becomes a bit sad.

Anyway, here's hoping we get a LB and CM in ASAP.

Watched Mings a few times when he was at Ipswich and thought he was very impressive. Absolute unit as well although he had the tendency to lose his head, injury record is also a real worry.

Would be excellent to slot in at LB and for LCB cover if can stay fit. Can imagine Bournemouth will want at least the £8M they paid for him.

4 minutes ago, penguin said:

Watched Mings a few times when he was at Ipswich and thought he was very impressive. Absolute unit as well although he had the tendency to lose his head, injury record is also a real worry.

Would be excellent to slot in at LB and for LCB cover if can stay fit. Can imagine Bournemouth will want at least the £8M they paid for him.

Would be shockingly stupid if we paid that for someone with his injury record.

since the start of the 15/16 season he's been out injured 600 days combined and played a total of 23 games of senior football.

While we all remember Martin Laursen, Micah Richards is much closer in memory.

• Like 1

Turkish site Fanatic claim we were scouting Turkish wonder kid Ömer Faruk Beyaz when their U16 side played recently.

Along with long list of clubs containing Bayern, Dortmund, Man U & C, Juve...

Europe is after him: Omar Farouk 
U16 National Team became the champion in the Aegean Cup. Fenerbahce Omer Faruk White scored 2 goals in the finals, huge club fans scoutlarını.

Europe is after him: Omar Farouk White!
Ömer Faruk Beyaz, who is the diamond of Fenerbahçe infrastructure, presented a recital in the Aegean Cup. 15-year-old midfielder, U16 National Team has reached the happy ending of the tournament marked.

Omar, the semi-finals in the semi-finals against England 2 Stars, the Stars moved to the finals. Red-Whites, who faced with Spain for the trophy, was again the champion with 2 goals. Fenerbahce's young star, the Aegean Cup with 4 goals and 2 assists and finished the tournament was the best player.

Ömer Faruk Beyaz's show had important guests. Scouting from Bayern Munich, Dortmund, Juventus, Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Stuttgart, Frankfurt, PSV, Villarreal, Shakhtar, Frankfurt, Aston Villa and Basel followed the Aegean Cup. Representatives of the European giants admired Omar. Many clubs, 15-year-old teenage star under the lens to watch more closely.

https://www.fanatik.com.tr/avrupa-onun-pesinde-omer-faruk-beyaz-2038945

Wonder if Alpay can put in a good word for us? :crylaugh:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Brentfordnylons said:

I’m not arguing about you being a well run club, and many other clubs follow your model of buying cheap and selling high. I was just pointing out that beating us has very little to do with your overall success.

He's easily worth it if he can stay fit. With that big if in mind though, I would add clauses where we pay more the more he plays. So say no to 8m but yes to 3m and 2m per every 15 games up to a max of 11m.