January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

48 minutes ago, Merson08 said:

Maybe we would crow about selling players, if we turned any kind of profit on any player in the last 10 years, and they flopped or even excelled further. We just overpay and let there contracts run out....no wonder FFP is an issue.

Take your point. Our business has been mostly terrible. Personally, I would only crow if we kept good players, not sold them. Not interested in a profit margin I'll never see, just watching a good Villa team.

For instance, the profit on Benteke, Barry, Milner, Downing, Young etc was never something I wanted to celebrate at the time. We lost good players and I was gutted.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Anybody that says we have the best squad or even one of the best squads in the league is on the wind up. 

Brain fart. My brain read this as "Anybody that says we have the best squad or even one of the best grounds in the league"

Coffee has now been consumed and brain back on track!!! 

I think there will be a massive restructure if the playing staff at the club in the summer so can't see many signings (certainly not for the sake of it) unless the right players at the right price become available. Possibly a couple of loans. 

Think it would be better to restructure in the championship than the premier league.

• Like 2

Just had a read about Tyrone Mings. His injury record is a worry but he was considered to be the next big thing at Ipswich and the bloke looks like an absolute unit, 6"5 If wiki is to be believed. 

41 minutes ago, av1 said:

Just had a read about Tyrone Mings. His injury record is a worry but he was considered to be the next big thing at Ipswich and the bloke looks like an absolute unit, 6"5 If wiki is to be believed. 

Yup, we need some big brutes in our team, we get bullied way too easily.

Apparently he can play LB and CB as well so also a plus.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yup, we need some big brutes in our team, we get bullied way too easily.

Agreed.

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Apparently he can play LB and CB as well so also a plus.

Interestingly 2 of the guys we have been linked with (Mings and Barbet sp?) And one of the guys we have signed (Hause) can all apparently play CB and LB. 

If there is substance to these rumours it would appear that Smith is looking for a bit of versatility  

Edited by av1

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Can he play upfront?

(Just continuing the Steve Bruce time vortex)

• Haha 1

Anyone think Maji of Sunderland might be worth a look? Bordeaux have had a bid of £3.5 accepted for him. Talksport have said that it might be nearer £2m. He's out of contract in the summer, I understand. Looks a promising young forward from the limited bits, I have seen of him. Could be a decent investment. We could even loan him back to them until the end of the season to tempt them?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Brentfordnylons said:

So have all our previous high priced departures,in fact he is the first to join a PL club.They leave for a lot more money I have kinda worked out 

Yep - sadly, you’re just a selling club who will never compete. It’s a shame. 

42 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

That lad who’s scored 17 goals in 22 appearances for us this season might have something to say about that ratio.

Who to be fair, we don't even own.

Regardless, let's all be nice ppl :)