January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

10 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Still think McEachran would be great for us. He's no Grealish but he's a much better deep lying playmaker than Hourihane. Haven't seen much of Sawyers but he sounds like he'd do a similar job.

Brentford fans moan terribly about mceachran, you should go and read their forum.

You probably wouldn't want him after that :)

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Still think McEachran would be great for us. He's no Grealish but he's a much better deep lying playmaker than Hourihane. Haven't seen much of Sawyers but he sounds like he'd do a similar job.

Sawyers is more of an amc than a DMC.

8 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I do hope we are going to pick up Sawyers and Henry from Brentford. Two positions we are screaming out for a bit of cover is LB and centre/ attacking midfield. Both have worked with DS before and will know what he wants from them. 

Shouldn't cost too much either you would expect? 

I would think that they wouldn't come cheap.

I have heard 4 to 6 million mentioned for Sawyers, no idea about Henry but i would guess more than Sawyers.

Edited by MaVilla

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Brentford fans moan terribly about mceachran, you should go and read their forum.

You probably wouldn't want him after that :)

Yep. As I've no doubt said before, I go to GP more than VP these days (It helps that it's half a mile up the road) and McEachran can be extremely frustrating. I forget which game it was but earlier in the season he got crocked early in the second half and I asked my mate when he'd been subbed on - such was his anonymity during the first half. He goes missing a lot, has a good game 1 in 4 and otherwise seems all a bit pedestrian. I don't see him as being a better option than much of our existing squad. I'd be happier with Sawyers coming in but (and maybe this is more of a reflection on how far we've fallen) I'd hope for better. Sawyers is a decent player but I guess we aren't in the market for premier-quality players right now so he probably fits the bill (if we can afford him).

10 minutes ago, choffer said:

Yep. As I've no doubt said before, I go to GP more than VP these days (It helps that it's half a mile up the road) and McEachran can be extremely frustrating. I forget which game it was but earlier in the season he got crocked early in the second half and I asked my mate when he'd been subbed on - such was his anonymity during the first half. He goes missing a lot, has a good game 1 in 4 and otherwise seems all a bit pedestrian. I don't see him as being a better option than much of our existing squad. I'd be happier with Sawyers coming in but (and maybe this is more of a reflection on how far we've fallen) I'd hope for better. Sawyers is a decent player but I guess we aren't in the market for premier-quality players right now so he probably fits the bill (if we can afford him).

Oh nice you got to see Brentford, what do you make of Henry?, any others that catch your eye?

12 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Oh nice you got to see Brentford, what do you make of Henry?, any others that catch your eye?

Henry is a tidy player. I think most Brentford fans are surprised there’s not been more interest in him before now. Maybe the price tag with two and a half years on his current contract are a factor.

Watkins looked really good but has been below par of late. 

I’m a big fan of Mepham but that’s not shared by all Brentford fans. Sounds like Southampton might be in for him anyway. 

Mokotjo looks like a real talent but is very raw. 

Bentley was going great guns and looked like the next big departure until a few months ago when contracted a chronic dose of the yips. Not sure he’s over that quite yet. 

50 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Even better then.

I know Brentford fans moan about him but he's looked decent whenever I've seen him and he fits the bill we're looking for to a tee.

Of course, they know better then me, but if anyone knows better than them it's DS. If he decides to go for him then I'd consider it a great move to be honest, even if only as backup. I'd be much more confident in our midfield if we had him in reserve as opposed to the perennially injured Lansbury or the octogenarian Whelan.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

I got blasted on here yesterday for saying that he was an AMC...  

Makes me wonder just how much "other" football we all watch.  hahaha

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Even better then.

I know Brentford fans moan about him but he's looked decent whenever I've seen him and he fits the bill we're looking for to a tee.

Of course, they know better then me, but if anyone knows better than them it's DS. If he decides to go for him then I'd consider it a great move to be honest, even if only as backup. I'd be much more confident in our midfield if we had him in reserve as opposed to the perennially injured Lansbury or the octogenarian Whelan.

Only back up to our midfield? He does have two legs doesn’t he?

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Only back up to our midfield? He does have two legs doesn’t he?

This is assuming Grealish is fit, otherwise he slots straight in. Even when Grealish is fit he can be the holding midfielder to be honest, in place of Hourihane who's gone off the boil recently.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I got blasted on here yesterday for saying that he was an AMC...  

Makes me wonder just how much "other" football we all watch.  hahaha

well :), afaik he is kind of an AMC or maybe more of a forward thinking MC, either way im pretty sure he isnt a DMC?????

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

well :), afaik he is kind of an AMC or maybe more of a forward thinking MC, either way im pretty sure he isnt a DMC?????

According to WhoScored, he looks like a utility midfielder who has played several different roles this season for them.  Mostly at AMC, though.  lol

image.thumb.png.1cff323b0c3ffcbe6e08efa3842ad84d.png

• Like 1

He is fairly similar to Grealish in style I think. Languid style, shows for the ball and slows the game down to his pace.

When Jacko is back, a midfield of him, McGinn and Sawyers might be a bit slow going forwards, but there's plenty of ability on the ball.

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He is fairly similar to Grealish in style I think. Languid style, shows for the ball and slows the game down to his pace.

When Jacko is back, a midfield of him, McGinn and Sawyers might be a bit slow going forwards, but there's plenty of ability on the ball.

As long as they can move the ball quickly and intelligently they will be able to control the game and open up defences. We have lacked speed of thought all over the pitch for years.