January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

4 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Suso or whatever his name is needs to start identifying a list of the best young prospects around the Championship/League 1/Scotland now, ready for us to go for them in the summer.  I'm fed up of us signing players who are on the way down.  Get the lad on here who scouts for St Mirren if needs be!  

Can he play left back?

8 minutes ago, Dale said:

We need a deep lying play maker who can tackle and dictate play. It'll help in defence and improve the transition no end. 

im sorry, im confused, hello Mr Dale, im an Aston Villa fan o/

What is this "tackling" you speak of?, is it a new progressive form of play from abroad?, i would be interested to hear about it, especially if it will help make us better as a club.

Any insight you could give, would ge gratefully received and appreciated.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

im sorry, im confused, hello Mr Dale, im an Aston Villa fan o/

What is this "tackling" you speak of?, is it a new progressive form of play from abroad?, i would be interested to hear about it, especially if it will help make us better as a club.

I've seen McGinn do it... Whelan annoyingly closes down space then stands off. 

We were linked with a couple in this guise early in the window, all gone quiet though. 

I'm pretty worried that it's now January 12th and we have only seen Hause come in (Kalinic was done in December)

Did we not have shortlists of players for left back, defensive midfield and midfield? I honestly expect us to sign someone this week.

Personally would do this now:

Recall Andre Green - Our wingers aren't doing it, Kodjia is injured, bring Green back and let him have a go

Sign a left back this week - I never want to see Neil Taylor play again, I hear Mitch Clark was injured today. This has to be a priority

Defensive midfielder

Centre midfielder - replacement/alternative for Jack

Give Doyle-Hayes & O'Hare first team opportunities

Sell Bjarnasson

Sell Whelan

Sell Jedinak

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

I'm pretty worried that it's now January 12th and we have only seen Hause come in (Kalinic was done in December)

Did we not have shortlists of players for left back, defensive midfield and midfield? I honestly expect us to sign someone this week.

Personally would do this now:

Recall Andre Green - Our wingers aren't doing it, Kodjia is injured, bring Green back and let him have a go

Sign a left back this week - I never want to see Neil Taylor play again, I hear Mitch Clark was injured today. This has to be a priority

Defensive midfielder

Centre midfielder - replacement/alternative for Jack

Give Doyle-Hayes & O'Hare first team opportunities

Sell Bjarnasson

Sell Whelan

Sell Jedinak

Sell ! We will be lucky to give them both away without having to pay them off 

• Like 1

When Trent changed the title thread to needing a whole new team some may have felt it to be a bit tongue in cheek but the squad is absolutely awful. 

The defence is so bad that recalling Tommy bloody Elphick has been viewed as a good move. 

The midfield (McGinn aside) is worst collection of gutless nothing players I seen in over 30yrs as a fan, and Tammy is the only forward we have (temporarily) working in the middle of show pony wingers. 

Its a shower of shit and needs ripping to peices. 

Edited by av1

We need some grit in midfield in my opinion, we’re soft there and too easy to play against, we’re too nice. A younger version of Jedinak is needed in my opinion,  we have the luxury players in Grealish and McGinn, when we play Hourihane in there with them, other teams just walk through us. 

29 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Would we have any chance of getting Dack in from Blackburn?

He would cost a lot of money as would Powell but that is the type of signing I would like to see us consider to give us a little more creativity in the final third. That said, we would then need to move on and look at where else we need strengthening because the team we have are proving more fallible than I had thought possible.

By the way, Rico Henry probably put a few thousand on his price with his goal yesterday as well didn't he? We could have done with a bit of that at Wigan.

One thing i want to say about us signing "better players than brentford have"

Dean Smith teams under him then never flopped and showed such gutless performances like the last two games. Give me a sawyers henry and baubet over hourihane Taylor and elphick/hause any day

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skruff said:

Give us Dack, Lolley and Bowen. And a LB. 

All would be tremendous signings but unfortunately out of our budget I would say with FFP, them 3 though with Reach and Maupay would be players I would be trying for, also I think we should be going for Paul Coutts from Sheffield United, centre midfielder with more Scottish grit, he would add some real steel into our midfield and knows this league, he was quality last season until his injury but been on the bench a fair bit this season due to an impressive looking blades midfield 3, he  his a proper no nonsense player though strong in the tackle.

Unfortunately we can’t buy 8 players good enough to win every game for the rest of the season, so we’ve got to get a few really crucial players. FFP and availability.

It’s about options for me, Smith’s subs at Wigan we’re mental but we didn’t have much on the bench but like for like changes. A DM that’s comfortable on the ball helps a lot of our problems picking the midfield 3 when Grealish is back. Tuanzebe returning will soften our CB issues and we can get a proper LB in. I’d then possibly be looking at a winger that does something different, just checked if Albrighton has played much this season and unfortunately he has.

Fly tip Whelan, Bjarnasson and Jedinak. Hourihane too. Apart from the odd goal he offers nothing. Chester is shit, as is Elphick. Taylor is shit. Bree and Hause need time. El Ghazi has fallen off a cliff.

There's so much work to do it's hard to know where to begin. But this godawful midfield is the obvious place.

There is no good reason to start or bring Whelan on. Not in any scenario. Please, let that be the end of it.

Two midfielders, a left back and a centre half as a priority. And use the kids more if these lazy bastards don't fancy it. That was disgusting yesterday.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Can anyone tell me what the point in having an academy is?

We have players in our first team who are clearly not good enough yet they play week in week out.

I'm expecting 3-4 academy players to emerge as fixtures in the squad over the next 6 months, I'll be extremely disappointed with Smith if this doesn't happen.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

31 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'm expecting 3-4 academy players to emerge as fixtures in the squad over the next 6 months, I'll be extremely disappointed with Smith if this doesn't happen.

Regardless of if they are good enough? The great next hope O'hare looked completely out of his depth.