January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Whilst I want better than Fuchs if he is fit then it’s hardly a gamble loaning him until the end of the season. Will prob cost around 500,000. 

Dont get why so many are so against it. 

Did you watch the Newport v Leicester game?

• Like 1

On 10/01/2019 at 18:45, DaveAV1 said:

You make a good point, the profile of the club makes it hard to put unknowns straight into the firing line. I suppose the way to go in the future is to find these unknowns when they are still young and developed them, both in our youth teams and out on loan, before throwing them into the spot light. We just haven’t had any sort of meaningful infrastructure for years. Hopefully that is now changing. 

interesting, debate and one i think is central to our overall plight.

All new signings have a risk factor.....but if they are on the way up career wise, its a much more worthwhile gamble than one on the way down.....we have signed too many of them.

like you, i think VLV makes an interesting observation.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

I wouldn't want an option to buy Fuchs, he's 32.  He'd be a stop gap measure until the end of the season.  My guess is we are pursuing younger options right now and Fuchs will only come in nearer the end of the window... or if Taylor gets crocked again in the next couple of weeks.  Just a guess mind, he'll probably be announced on Monday for all I know.

• Like 1

We should not dismiss any enquires for our players. I’d imagine most will be happy to sit on the wages they are on and are content to stay whether they play or not, some are coming to the end of the contract but realistically we need to start again. We will see soon enough if FFP is an issue or not.

Owners need to splash the cash to ridiculous levels for top class players and deal with the consequences whatever they maybe, even if they demoted us to league 1, at least we would have a squad of players who could play football, this whole squad needs gutting and replacing, I’m so fed up of us being sh*te, I used to get excited about football, now it just depresses me.  

Why do we have players who cannot actually play football, or even control a ball?! I know we are in the Championship but why on Earth are people of this skill set getting paid so much?! 

We have a team full of guttless cowards, or as I shall now call it, Conor Hourihanes.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we need a couple of nasty hard bastards. 

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm half ready to accept that Smith is going to need a while to sort this out and in reality means saving our money for the summer when we have had a proper clear out.

We need to reinforce the midfield with another couple of McGinns and find another Grealish for cover. We need a mobile DM, and two fullbacks. We won't do that in this window. So then with Tammy gone in the summer you can add a couple of forwards to that list too for the summer. To say it's major is an understatemnt.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, romavillan said:

We need to reinforce the midfield with another couple of McGinns and find another Grealish for cover. We need a mobile DM, and two fullbacks. We won't do that in this window. So then with Tammy gone in the summer you can add a couple of forwards to that list too for the summer. To say it's major is an understatemnt.

Suso or whatever his name is needs to start identifying a list of the best young prospects around the Championship/League 1/Scotland now, ready for us to go for them in the summer.  I'm fed up of us signing players who are on the way down.  Get the lad on here who scouts for St Mirren if needs be!  

• Like 2

If we want to go up this season we have to admit hause and kalanic are big mistakes... and make up some fake news that they're injured whilst paying them to sit at home.

The we need to bring in Tom Heaton, Gary Cahill and Ravel Morrisson as cover for Grealish.

We will probably need to employ a jimmy five bellies type minder for Ravel Morrisson as he's a little toerag however he can make things happen.