January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

11 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

If we sign Fuchs I really do give up.

The guy can't run, he has less legs than Hutton and Taylor and wasn't exactly brilliant in his prime.  Any other players coming to the end of their careers we want to go after?
Let's get Samba back whilst we are at it and tie Hutton,Jedi and Whelan down to new deals.

Benteke too uh 🤔

11 hours ago, MaVilla said:

If we loan players going forward it should be with an option to buy, me and many others on this forum have said for a while we shouldn't be developing other teams talent and then losing them for no benefit to ourselves.

DS has also said the same recently so that makes me really happy.

We should either develop our own players, or if we have to loan players, loan them only with a view to buying them if they do well.

Hause is a perfect example, if he does well we have an option to buy.

Yes am sick of Loans developed with no buy option on, we get them for a season, there parent club gets them back fully revamped. We do all the tough redevelopment work so a buy option needs to be placed on loaners.

Edited by Dave-R

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

With the amount of contracts up in the summer, the time for the long term rebuild is the summer. Now it's about desperately trying to turn a horribly threadbare and unbalanced defense into something we can rely on a bit more from here till the summer. 

Spot on.

3 hours ago, praisedmambo said:

If there are no perfectly priced, available youngsters, we're OK with another loan though right? One of our best players this season is on loan—same last season. If we'd have gone up none of this flavour of the month anti-loan commentary would exist. Fine margins.

IMO loans are fine, but they are obviously a short-term fix. I wouldn't turn my nose up at a decent CDM on loan for example if there are no perfect, mystical, young CDMs available this January. Why cut our nose to spite our face?

I’d rather not loan, but if there is no option then definitely. They serve a purpose still, I t’s just the type of loan. No has been a or players looking for a last easy ride before retirement. Like you say, they are a short term fix and a lot of people want to see a team being built for next season.

He may have started his career way back in 1986 but there's no sign of Kazuyoshi Miura slowing down yet - the 51-year-old has signed a new contract with Japanese side Yokohama FC.

The striker, who won the last of his 89 Japan caps some 19 years ago, will now play in the Japanese second division until at least the age of 52 - an age he reaches next month.

"I will not waste it for one minute, one second," he said.

"I think that I want to go face to face with football and go to daily training with maximum power."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46839490

Should have signed up this young buck whilst we had the chance. Fresh legs.

6 minutes ago, romavillan said:

With the amount of contracts up in the summer, the time for the long term rebuild is the summer. Now it's about desperately trying to turn a horribly threadbare and unbalanced defense into something we can rely on a bit more from here till the summer. 

Agreed.

On Fuchs my issue would be that he is really, really slow for a LB, 32 and has barely played this season. Might take him a while to get rolling.

Also he's on silly wages for a Championship to pay.

I think a left side with him and Kodija might struggle and get exposed.

Then again the current option is Hutton, so he'd still be a massive improvement.

• Like 1

Fuchs is shite, it's as simple as that, a 'good left foot' yes, but he can't run and can't defend. It would be a terrible backwards signing to make. If we're not going to sign anyone who is young then Bryan Oviedo would be an excellent 'stop gap' sort of signing, he's a very solid left back and is like 28 years old and available for a smallish fee. Signing a player like Fuchs would demonstrate that our transfer strategy is not where we would expect it to be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

it does make you wonder how we are going to be able to rebuild in the summer.

A lot of players are out of contract, so we wont be getting any transfer fees for them, we will of course be saving wages though.

Im just thinking with FFP, even if its less of a problem now, i doubt we will be able to go and spend big money (assuming we dont go up this season).

Will be interesting to see what happens, hopefully our scouting network and new regime will be able to find some good deals.

34 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Apparently Makoudi won’t sign a new a contract so has been dropped. Will probably leave this summer. 

I wonder if we are still interested. Steve Bruce managed to talk him out of a move.  Could be different now. 

He is messing them around now a little bit like he messed us around in the previous transfer window. Might his antics be a sign for us to keep clear of him this time around?

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

it does make you wonder how we are going to be able to rebuild in the summer.

A lot of players are out of contract, so we wont be getting any transfer fees for them, we will of course be saving wages though.

Im just thinking with FFP, even if its less of a problem now, i doubt we will be able to go and spend big money (assuming we dont go up this season).

Will be interesting to see what happens, hopefully our scouting network and new regime will be able to find some good deals.

Well, I'm looking forward to it. Massive clearout and chance to draw a line under the past bullshit. If we've got a good recruitment team in place by the summer then maybe some financial restraints will be a good thing as it'll mean no repeat of the past insanity. If we go up through the playoffs then I'd imagine we'll invest pretty heavily and the danger there is getting it wrong and coming down with another group on big contracts that have failed. 

Either way it's a massive opportunity, either in this league investing in potential and youth and bringing our own through and Smith and Kelly improving them and moulding them into a new Villa image or in the top flight hopefully doing the same but buying potentially top drawer talent with the same goal of improving them but potentially making something very special.

51 minutes ago, John said:

He is messing them around now a little bit like he messed us around in the previous transfer window. Might his antics be a sign for us to keep clear of him this time around?

Could be. I think in the summer he turned down a lot more money to stay so does seem his career and maybe family is more of motivation to him then money.

• Like 1