January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

In regards to the Fuchs link. I can’t help but think about the players we send out on loan. We have young players who aren’t ready, so we send them out on loan to lesser teams where it’s more their current level and where they’ll get game time. Why do we never look at taking on more young players from teams in the prem? We seem to be developing a pattern the last few years of taking on players at the ends of their careers, when their own club doesn’t want them any more. There will be plenty of young, talented players in the prem where a season in the championship would be great for them and us. I know we have Tuanzebe but surely if we are looking at loans then people like Fuchs aren’t the answer.

• Like 1

If we sign Fuchs I really do give up.

The guy can't run, he has less legs than Hutton and Taylor and wasn't exactly brilliant in his prime.  Any other players coming to the end of their careers we want to go after?
Let's get Samba back whilst we are at it and tie Hutton,Jedi and Whelan down to new deals.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

In regards to the Fuchs link. I can’t help but think about the players we send out on loan. We have young players who aren’t ready, so we send them out on loan to lesser teams where it’s more their current level and where they’ll get game time. Why do we never look at taking on more young players from teams in the prem? We seem to be developing a pattern the last few years of taking on players at the ends of their careers, when their own club doesn’t want them any more. There will be plenty of young, talented players in the prem where a season in the championship would be great for them and us. I know we have Tuanzebe but surely if we are looking at loans then people like Fuchs aren’t the answer.

If we loan players going forward it should be with an option to buy, me and many others on this forum have said for a while we shouldn't be developing other teams talent and then losing them for no benefit to ourselves.

DS has also said the same recently so that makes me really happy.

We should either develop our own players, or if we have to loan players, loan them only with a view to buying them if they do well.

Hause is a perfect example, if he does well we have an option to buy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Option to buy just means you have first chance for them to turn down your offer, it means nothing no matter how the club tries to spin it.

No, not necessarily.  First option is different from a fixed future transfer fee.  Contracts are written all kinds of different ways, it depends on what the two clubs agree to.

• Like 1

Just now, KMitch said:

No, not necessarily.  First option is different from a fixed future transfer fee.  Contracts are written all kinds of different ways, it depends on what the two clubs agree to.

Yes. Various stipulations etc. depending on the deal etc.

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yes. Various stipulations etc. depending on the deal etc.

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

..but the player still hasn't agreed to a deal with us>
We can have option to buy, or first option or an agreed price but if he has a storming season it means **** all if Wolves tell him he will get a chance or a PL team come in for him.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

We can have option to buy, or first option or an agreed price but if he has a storming season it means **** all if Wolves tell him he will get a chance or a PL team come in for him.

I think things like this have now started creeping into the game more nowadays for sure rather than years ago when there was not as much money, less agents and more gentleman's agreements in the game.

I get where you're at Rodders.

14 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

If we loan players going forward it should be with an option to buy, me and many others on this forum have said for a while we shouldn't be developing other teams talent and then losing them for no benefit to ourselves.

DS has also said the same recently so that makes me really happy.

We should either develop our own players, or if we have to loan players, loan them only with a view to buying them if they do well.

Hause is a perfect example, if he does well we have an option to buy.

I completely agree, generally I’m against loans. If we have to loan though, it should be players who are either at their peak (unlikely) or young players still hungry to improve. Preferably as you say, with the option to buy.

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Dude, that happens with every single transfer.  First, the two clubs agree to a fee, then the buying club has permission from the selling club to negotiate a contract with the player.  The player can refuse the contract and the move.  This has nothing to do with the original discussion about putting in fixed fees in loan agreements with the two clubs.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KMitch said:

Dude, that happens with every single transfer.  First, the two clubs agree to a fee, then the buying club has permission from the selling club to negotiate a contract with the player.  The player can refuse the contract and the move.  This has nothing to do with the original discussion about putting in fixed fees in loan agreements with the two clubs.

Well it does because the club is spinning this no loan deals no benefit to our club spiel yet have signed Hause who will only benefit Wolves if he has a great season (optional fee included) and are now linked to Fuchs.

Our transfer policy is shite and has been for a decade. Shows no sign of changing.

Depends (as Rigo said) on the wording of the loan deal. If we have an option to buy in our favour, the transfer fee will most likely be agreed and it's up to us to say yes or no; think Scott Carson for example. We loaned out some players with an obligation to buy previously. It's all in the fine print.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Well it does because the club is spinning this no loan deals no benefit to our club spiel yet have signed Hause who will only benefit Wolves if he has a great season (optional fee included) and are now linked to Fuchs.

Our transfer policy is shite and has been for a decade. Shows no sign of changing.

Early days, and a squad in desperate need of balancing up ASAP. Not even sure if we've finished rebuilding the scouting side of the cub yet either. Priority right now is to be able to finish in the play off spots, and to do that we need to be  in a situation where a couple of injuries to defenders doesn't leave us playing without a defence. How we do that at this point I don't care.

• Like 2

I wouldn't be turning our nose up at players because they are short term. If they help us get promoted who cares if they're not our player in July?

We have no option at left back with any kind of quality except perhaps Hause in an emergency. And who knows how good he is. Im not saying we should get Fuched... 😏 but I wouldn't turn down players on loan to fill a desperate need. And of course have one eye on the long term as well if possible.

• Like 1