January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

On 30/01/2019 at 12:28, villan501 said:

If your house had a leaky roof would you get it done immedietely or leave it until you could get it cheaper this is similar to villa, defence i agree bolstering up the squad takes time but jeez the defence needed fixing along time ago there is no excuse that should if been done immedietely the other signings can be done on deadline day. Its straightforward no defenders in no promotion were only going up via playoffs at best that defence is garbage.

I would like to buy your house at the price I name.  Since you don't believe negotiating takes any time or requires two parties, both of whom are trying to work the deal to their advantage, I assume you will send the title to me immediately.  I'll be watching the post for your title.  Thanks,

26 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Haha. In other news there's a rogue "i" in your spelling of "villans", you have "belgian villains". Which is fine if you're a bunch of thieves or something.... ;)

Yes we’re aware of that. I’m actually not quite sure myself why it’s written that way. 😅 I’ll ask this Saturday, might come back to you with an answer 🤔

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Linked with Creswell

That would be a hell of a signing for us...  I can't see it being pulled off today, though.  This summer, he might be a realistic option.  Can't get games at West Ham this season.

Didn't see the FA Cup game but Fer was great against us in the 1-0 win at Liberty.

Really good. Big boss in the middle. Better than I ever remember him in the PL. He's lost all his hair and looked to have put on about 3 stone in muscle.

I don't know how good he is every week though. Just turned 29, 2.5 year deal ideal if he's of that level every match.

22 minutes ago, KMitch said:

We have more "experience" in our squad than just about any other team in the Championship.  We're basically the league's "retirement home", where players at the end of their careers come to die.

I'm not happy with Fer, because IMO he had one good season for QPR 5 years ago, which earned him a Holland cap, but then has steadily declined in form over the years since.  He hasn't been exactly lighting up the Championship this season, and there is a reason why Premier League clubs aren't battling us for his signature.  I think we can do a lot better for the wages, but I'll still support him if he arrives, as I do all Villa players.  To me, this is the most underwhelming signing we've made since Elmo.  

There's a reason we are where we are with players, it's because we keep going for players who are one season wonders, can't make the bench, can't stay injury free and so on.

Are we really in the business of not bringing in players who are in form. We're still going for top guys who havnt kicked a ball for a whole season rather than buying someone from a club who's been doing splendid all season long.

Can't catch a breath with how were operating in the transfer market. I would seriously rather us buy good players from teams who are doing well than pick the skin and bones from any club's that don't want there rejected players any longer.

I think we're still making the mistakes of the past, time will tell on it all I spose.

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Nope, if he was a very good player he wouldn't be playing for Swansea in the Championship sorry.

It's not like he's an up and coming bright young thing, guy's been around for ages.

I'd say 'very good' for this level, but obviously not a very good player in the grand scheme of things.