January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

14 minutes ago, av1 said:

Hopefully @TrentVilla is correct about the Cahill and Austin links being nonsense. 

We need to move away from expensive short term fixes imo. 

I tend to agree and I support the general policy. Hypocritically I’d be pleased with a Cahill move, depending on the wages. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

That agent Dave fella also mentions we want Ezri Konsa from Brentford but will have to wait till the summer as they won’t sell after losing Mepham ..... can anyone shed much light on him ?.... 

It’s my opinion, so don’t take it as gospel but he looked great for Brentford at Villa Park earlier this season. Smith bought him for Brentford so I suppose it’s feasible that we could be in for him but Brentford have just sold Mepham so won’t want to lose him

54 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Cahill is going to Fulham according to Sky and be done deadline day

Sky aren't always right. Gary might just prefer to come home and work with JT rather than Woy. It's a case of the pull of the PL against the pull of Villa Park. Who knows he might also not want to play against Chelsea. ;)

5 minutes ago, John said:

Sky aren't always right. Gary might just prefer to come home and work with JT rather than Woy. It's a case of the pull of the PL against the pull of Villa Park. Who knows he might also not want to play against Chelsea. ;)

Well if he is on loan he wont be allowed play Chelsea ;)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, John said:

Ranieri mate*  ^_^

But yeah I also hope he comes back here. He is vitally needed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

It’s my opinion, so don’t take it as gospel but he looked great for Brentford at Villa Park earlier this season. Smith bought him for Brentford so I suppose it’s feasible that we could be in for him but Brentford have just sold Mepham so won’t want to lose him

😀😀😀

• Haha 1

Whilst I completely agree the with the philosophy of bringing in younger players to improve them and to grow with the club.. Its Gary Cahill. You have to make an exception for serious quality like that. Especially in a position where experience counts for the most and where we are the weakest. 

He would comfortably be the best centre back in the Championship, probably the best we've had since Laursen too. (Yes I think a 33 year old Cahill is better than a 37 year old Terry) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don’t think we should make an exception even though I agree about his quality. I think and have consistently said since the link started it would be the wrong move.

Weve been doing this for years now, it has to stop. We have to start building not putting on sticking plasters especially when they are earning the sort of money he is.

We can’t afford to pay people £70-80k in the Championship, sooner or later everyone needs to accept that, finally I think those running the club have done so.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I don’t think we should make an exception even though I agree about his quality. I think and have consistently said since the link started it would be the wrong move.

Weve been doing this for years now, it has to stop. We have to start building not putting on sticking plasters especially when they are earning the sort of money he is.

We can’t afford to pay people £70-80k in the Championship, sooner or later everyone needs to accept that, finally I think those running the club have done so.

You might be right but it would go some way to make up for selling him to Bolton for £6m and playing Davies instead. ;)

On the wider point agree 100% though, it's just I think God has been punishing us since we sold Cahill....

• Haha 1