January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

A handy (and stark) illustration as to how big the club's task is in this window and going into the Summer, should we not achieve promotion.

Some might argue about the banding of certain players - for instance, it may be that by the start of next season, many if not all of those in the 'bench quality' bracket may be pushing for a first team spot.  Likewise some of the players whose futures look doubtful now, may redeem themselves in the second half of the season.  However it also works on the assumption that we'll make El Ghazi (50:50) and Hause (more than likely) permanent signings, not to mention the fact that DS may not see all these 1st XI caliber players fitting his system long term.

I work out that even if if you take all of those players in green + four or five from the orange + a few promoted from the youth... we still need to recruit a further 10 players in order to have a 25 man squad with balance and at least 2 players in competition for each position.  That includes finding replacements for arguably our best two players.  No mean feat huh?

You can begin to see why we might be clever taking a punt on a few lower league targets this month - give them 6 months to show whether they're serious options, then reassess where we spend our money in June.

pie.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

A handy (and stark) illustration as to how big the club's task is in this window and going into the Summer, should we not achieve promotion.

Some might argue about the banding of certain players - for instance, it may be that by the start of next season, many if not all of those in the 'bench quality' bracket may be pushing for a first team spot.  Likewise some of the players whose futures look doubtful now, may redeem themselves in the second half of the season.  However it also works on the assumption that we'll make El Ghazi (50:50) and Hause (more than likely) permanent signings, not to mention the fact that DS may not see all these 1st XI caliber players fitting his system long term.

I work out that even if if you take all of those players in green + four or five from the orange + a few promoted from the youth... we still need to recruit a further 10 players in order to have a 25 man squad with balance and at least 2 players in competition for each position.  That includes finding replacements for arguably our best two players.  No mean feat huh?

You can begin to see why we might be clever taking a punt on a few lower league targets this month - give them 6 months to show whether they're serious options, then reassess where we spend our money in June.

pie.jpg

We'll see what the new hierarchy are made of.  Whether it's 10 or 25 to come in is not so important, as long as they are equipped to handle the challenges of the coming season.

Losing Grealish is something I really don't even want to think about. Promotion this season it is then!

https://www.linkedin.com/in/patrick-moore-32ba568b/?originalSubdomain=ie

Currently Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach at Brentford Football Club (June 2016) 

S&C and Sport Scientist/ Msc Student at Brentford Football Club (June 2015- May 2016) 

Previous experience in numerous other sports such as Rugby, hurling and gaelic football. S&C intern at Hurricanes Super Rugby Franchise in Wellington, New Zealand for the 2015 Super Rugby season.

Could tottenhams 11 million pound sale of Mousa Dembélé be an indication that they may come in for Jack Grealish given there a midfielder light now.

Sorry if it's taking away from what you guys are talking about, it's just that it seems strange they have sold one of there's yet have no players that have come in as of yet.

9 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Could tottenhams 11 million pound sale of Mousa Dembélé be an indication that they may come in for Jack Grealish given there a midfielder light now.

Sorry if it's taking away from what you guys are talking about, it's just that it seems strange they have sold one of there's yet have no players that have come in as of yet.

If they need a replacement for Dembele they should go for a more defensive or holding midfielder than Jack (hopefully).

They can have that Grillitsch instead.

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

Looks perfect to continue our great conditioning over the last 10 years. Could possibly eat a couple moore pies though.

Get rid of Wyness once and for all, for God sake don't let him run for priminister 🤣

11 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

If they need a replacement for Dembele they should go for a more defensive or holding midfielder than Jack (hopefully).

They can have that Grillitsch instead.

Let's hope they don't come in for Jack, but moves like this make me feel nervous and I think the sale of dembele could be a sign.

I think to bring jack in they would of needed to sell to get the cash up since the owner of spurs is a cheapskate. They had already once highlighted Jack as the ideal midfield man they wanted.

As sad as I would be to see Jack go, if anything with our whole team changing in the summer, it may be for the best. We do need a team again that isn't reliant on a few players and most of all the sale of Jack could really help with FFP.

Who knows it's all speculation but it wouldn't surprise me if they came in for Grealish now.. 

Edited by Dave-R

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

They have other issues at the moment and would need replace Dembele and Kane before came looking at Jack

57 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Grealish would struggle to get into Spurs match day squad at the moment,

is injured.

;)

59 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I would hope have a rather large release cause

Around the £45m figure or thereabouts I believe.