January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

6 minutes ago, sne said:

It would be absurd for us to pay anything like that for those players.

Hope for your sake you get what you're asking for them, but I hope it's not us that pays it.

I am sure Spurs fans were thinking the same when a similar mid-table Championship team wanted 30 million for Grealish or Leicester when paid 24 million for Maddison

Face it thats the price of players in this league

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I am sure Spurs fans were thinking the same when a similar mid-table Championship team wanted 30 million for Grealish or Leicester when paid 24 million for Maddison

Face it thats the price of players in this league

But we are a Championship side who doesn't have even close to the resources those clubs have.

20 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

My take

Maupay 20 mill +

Mepham 15 mill

Sawyers 7 mill

Rico Henry 12 mill + imho our best player by far and haven’t seen a better LB in this league.

Dean Smith doesn’t have restrictions on coming back for former players I do know that.

We don’t let players go for less than our valuations that must be realistic other wise they would still be with us.You might disagree because of Hogans period with you but I’m sure smith will get him back scoring goals again.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

My take

Maupay 20 mill +

Mepham 15 mill

Sawyers 7 mill

Rico Henry 12 mill + imho our best player by far and haven’t seen a better LB in this league.

Dean Smith doesn’t have restrictions on coming back for former players I do know that.

We don’t let players go for less than our valuations that must be realistic other wise they would still be with us.You might disagree because of Hogans period with you but I’m sure smith will get him back scoring goals again.

You can't always get what you want. Those sort of fees would price them out of the market in my opinion. I think that you would do well to get 50% for the above players still if you don't need to sell.....;)

1 hour ago, sne said:

Right price for them or us?

£15m for Maupay? £6m for Sawyers? £?m for Henry who's been injured for almost 2.5 years, £20m for Mephams? 

at least that's the prices the papers are speculating.

Championship prices are wildly inflated.

No idea if Smith's history with them will help or inflate the prices from them, but I doubt he'll get a discount.

I suspect those prices are the papers ideas on how much Brentford would like for those players. I would like £9m for Scott and  £6m  for Ross as well but that is not going to happen either. :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John said:

I suspect those prices are the papers ideas on how much Brentford would like for those players. I would like £9m for Scott and  £6m  for Ross as well but that is not going to happen either. :D

Perhaps if we just swap players with them both clubs can pretend we got whatever price we wanted for them :D 

• Haha 1

Realistically... and I'm going to take some flack for saying this...

We could get by without a left back until the summer, but a midfielder is a priority to get the team playing the way we were playing before Grealish's injury. Obviously Grealish coming back will massively help. If we don't have any other options than Rico Henry I would prefer to wait until the summer and find some rather than splash out 10-12 million on him. There must be left backs around the world we can pick up for 3-4 million that would improve our team.

Using the Derby and Middlesbrough games as markers, Taylor played in both and we kept clean sheets. The only significant changes are Tuanzebe and Grealish. Hause and Elphick are now available at centre back, and Grealish will soon be back (but a midfielder would help ensure that this situation doesn't happen again with an injury in the midfield)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, John said:

We all would like that much for Hogan and Ross and the papers would no doubt say we would get that. It's never been in a million years unless they somehow become relevent again in football.

I dont think the brentford lot of worth that much.

It says alot when none of our lads apart from Mcginn or Grealish can fetch 10 mill in..

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brentfordnylons said:

My take

Maupay 20 mill +

Mepham 15 mill

Sawyers 7 mill

What the actual ****? - £55m for that lot!

May I add that it's players we are looking to buy and not your whole club!

You might be lucky to get £20m tops for those bunch of said players combined imo.

But I'd sooner we use any money we do have in this window more wisely on other options.

26 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

You might be lucky to get £20m tops for those bunch of said players combined imo.

But I'd sooner we use any money we do have in this window more wisely on other options.

26 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think before the end of the week you will see we will achieve 15 mill of that for Mepham who has agreed to join Bournmouth.The rest of the players we don’t need or have to sell as we have already sold 19 million pounds worth of players this season not including Mepham.Based on what you paid for Hogan don’t think Maupay would be unreasonable at 20 mill.Woods went to Stoke for 7 mill and sawyers is better imho.Hope none of them go