January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

While I appriecate where you are coming from one of the best centre halves ive ever seen who was a World Cup winning captain was 5.9

I did say.....exceptional.

which is pretty unlikely to get one like that.....furthermore, the World Cup is no the best place to see balls launched over the top....the championship is.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

It’s the 1st of January, it’s not evenlunch time and so far we’ve signed an international keeeper and brought back a CB to give us an additional option. What is there to be worried about at this stage?

Yes there is a lot of work to do on our defence but I’ve seen no reason to think Smith can’t see that or won’t try and do something about it.

Yes we are being linked with some quite ramdom players but when doesn’t that happen during a transfer window?

Agree wholeheartedly. I’m looking forward to this window because we have a coach who will spend wisely and strengthen areas that need it rather than the scatter gun approach we’ve had in recent windows.

13 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

It’s the 1st of January, it’s not evenlunch time and so far we’ve signed an international keeeper and brought back a CB to give us an additional option. What is there to be worried about at this stage?

Yes there is a lot of work to do on our defence but I’ve seen no reason to think Smith can’t see that or won’t try and do something about it.

Yes we are being linked with some quite ramdom players but when doesn’t that happen during a transfer window?

hope you're right......The Tammy going, speculation seems to be gaining ground.

the possible signing small defenders, that failed at Sunderland... fills me with woe.

Edited by TRO

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

hope you're right......The Tammy going, speculation seems to be gaining ground.

the possible signing small defenders, that failed at Sunderland... fills me with woe.

So it’s purely based on speculation? It’s going to be a long month for you.

I’m only interested in the reality, so far we’ve made two good additions.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, TRO said:

On the surface, the goalkeeper looks a good signing.....but the vibes from this window worries me.

I read somewhere - it may have been Smith talking about the return of Elphick - that Smith is trying to bring in defensive reinforcements still even with the return of Elphick. 

Add that to the signing of Kalinic and strong links to defensive midfielders, I would put money on us being in good shape come Feb. Points and squad-wise. 

People need to get a grip. 

Despite previous windows repeatedly following the same pattern people still don't get it. 

The press just print/post link after link after links with little idea who we are really after, just ensuring clicks for advertising purposes. 

Sky constantly post connections depending on what odds they have put onto sky bet to attract betting. 

Social media is alive with rumour mongers who just want to attract a bit of attention and others repeating what some other speculator has said, self perpetuating the rumour. 

Yet people still become convinced that x player is the target despite previous windows repeatedly showing it rarely, if ever is. 

OK enjoy the rumour and Speculation but it's ludicrous to get worried or upset by anything until they have actually signed because 95% of the time they weren't even in the frame. 

Hi folks,

Sorry to be a pest and not sure if this thread or your development side thread would be the best place for this question but it’s been mentioned Hibs could be signing a player on loan from Villa this window (not Ross McCormack).  We have spoken about needing new forwards and quick wingers,  anyone got any idea who it would likely be?

cheers

1 minute ago, Hibsfan said:

Hi folks,

Sorry to be a pest and not sure if this thread or your development side thread would be the best place for this question but it’s been mentioned Hibs could be signing a player on loan from Villa this window (not Ross McCormack).  We have spoken about needing new forwards and quick wingers,  anyone got any idea who it would likely be?

cheers

Rushian Hepburn Murphy maybe, quick skillful striker but a criminal lack of first team football at his age.

19 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Rushian Hepburn Murphy maybe, quick skillful striker but a criminal lack of first team football at his age.

Interesting, cheers.

not much online about him so just a case of wait and see I suppose.

6 minutes ago, Hibsfan said:

Interesting, cheers.

not much online about him so just a case of wait and see I suppose.

He looks a cut above a junior level but has never made an impression in the first team, mainly because he always seems to be injured. 

50 minutes ago, Hibsfan said:

Hi folks,

cheers

Could be Andre Green. He isnt really starting on loan at Pompey at the moment. Could see us recalling him and loaning him out 

54 minutes ago, Hibsfan said:

Hi folks,

cheers

Both Hepburn-Murphey and Andre Green are really talented players if they are the players in contention. I would prefer both getting time in our first team, but if they don't a loan would be good. Reason too feel optimistic if you get any of them I'd say!

58 minutes ago, sidcow said:

People need to get a grip. 

Despite previous windows repeatedly following the same pattern people still don't get it. 

The press just print/post link after link after links with little idea who we are really after, just ensuring clicks for advertising purposes. 

Sky constantly post connections depending on what odds they have put onto sky bet to attract betting. 

Social media is alive with rumour mongers who just want to attract a bit of attention and others repeating what some other speculator has said, self perpetuating the rumour. 

Yet people still become convinced that x player is the target despite previous windows repeatedly showing it rarely, if ever is. 

OK enjoy the rumour and Speculation but it's ludicrous to get worried or upset by anything until they have actually signed because 95% of the time they weren't even in the frame. 

And add to this agents putting out baits just to pump up interest in their players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hibsfan said:

Hi folks,

cheers

If I had to hazard a guess I would say either Rushan Hepburn-Murphy, Andre Green or Jake Doyle-Hayes.