Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

We need to win 2 out of the next three before a really tough run.

if we want 40 points that is 15 points in 13 games. 

we need to chalk up some meaningful points this month or forget it. Game over man, game over.

we can just light a camp fire and sing songs. 

Nope, this will go down to the wire whatever happens whether we do as you say or not.  Only in April will we know what we need and with Palace, Everton and W Ham in three of our final four...all those teams can be beaten or lose to.

38 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

So no wingers then?

No El Ghazi or Trez. Don't know if i like that.

We have wingers, who rarely act as wingers in the true sense of adding real value or effectiveness.or more importantly consistency.

The wing backs Target & Guillbert/Elmo would do that job.

who are sheff utd's wingers ?....they play 3-5-2 to good effect.

If wingers are not creating crosses or making an absolute nuisance of themselves....they easily become passengers.

It might be worth looking at 3-5-2 because so far, 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 has got us close to the trap door....albeit, not saying formation, is the only issue with us.

Keinan looks to be playing well, with Samatta to get the goals....to try 2 up front and to try and dominate midfield better.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, holteend1982 said:

Cup games are completely different. In the league how many points have we picked up against the top 10, it can't be many. 

Edit: 7 points, 3 against Newcastle (10th) 3 against Everton (9th) and 1 against Man utd (6th)

Agreed. No pressure in the cup. No points at stake.

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

We have wingers, who rarely act as wingers in the true sense of adding real value or effectiveness.or more importantly consistency.

The wing backs Target & Guillbert/Elmo would do that job.

who are sheff utd's wingers ?....they play 3-5-2 to good effect.

If wingers are not creating crosses or making an absolute nuisance of themselves....they easily become passengers.

It might be worth looking at 3-5-2 because so far, 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 has got us close to the trap door.

Keinan looks to be playing well, with Samatta to get the goals....to try 2 up front and to try and dominate midfield better.

I agree with this.

Like a 3412 (where the 1 is grealish as AM), would play samatta as the fox/ferret and then Davis or Baston.

I agree our wing play is pointless generally, with Jack in in AM role he can drift anywhere, then our wing backs can provide the width as required.

Wingers are fine if they offer something, which Ghazi or trez dont most of the time, we cant afford passengers.

Like:

Reina

Konsa - Engels - Mings 

Guilbert - Luiz - Nakamba - Targett

Grealish

Samatta - Davis or Baston

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, Graham t said:

Dean really annoys me when he repeatedly accuses the players of not working hard enough to win possession. Doesn't he realise what an idiot this makes him look? Can you imagine someone like Sir Alex saying that. No chance. They had to much fear/ respect for him to do that time after time. Hard work should be a 'given' from a professional footballer, if not there is something seriously wrong at this club....

When has he said this?

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

I agree with this.

Like a 3412 (where the 1 is grealish as AM), would play samatta as the fox/ferret and then Davis or Baston.

I agree our wing play is pointless generally, with Jack in in AM role he can drift anywhere, then our wing backs can provide the width as required.

Wingers are fine if they offer something, which Ghazi or trez dont most of the time, we cant afford passengers.

Precisely

3 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Smith made the wrong subs today for me and should've gone to two CBs 

They sat back with 10 and we had 3 cbs passing sideways to each other or hitting high balls was very poor.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Conceded as many goals as Norwich

We really have to understand as a  group......as obvious as it is.....we could have won 0-1 today.

its the goals conceded that is undoing us and midfield is part of that problem...we can't take care of the ball enough.

Those stars don’t suprise me at all.

I’m ok with most things but Hause consistently being the guy who passes from the back ( rarely to us) infuriates and mystifies me. In game after game he keeps belting it to the opposition / out of play. He could be instructed to give it to ANY of the other 10 who would always do a better job.

A small moan, but to keep seeing it every week is baffling.

15 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Those stars don’t suprise me at all.

I’m ok with most things but Hause consistently being the guy who passes from the back ( rarely to us) infuriates and mystifies me. In game after game he keeps belting it to the opposition / out of play. He could be instructed to give it to ANY of the other 10 who would always do a better job.

A small moan, but to keep seeing it every week is baffling.

I think it is our opposition identifying him as a weak point from this perspective and so pressing other outlets and steering us to using him. Something we will need to deal with one way or another!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

As pissed of as I am with both the result and performance today, and Smiths part in that, it still needs to be put in perspective. It is another game gone and now 25 games in we find ourselves out of the relegation places. If that is the case after 38 games it will have been a very successful season. Having also got to a cup final is just a huge bonus.

Fair, but we'll be in the relegation zone in a month. The next ten or so matches is very difficult. Today was massive.

3 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Do you know actual scores so we can make some money, or do you only know the future in a more general sense?

Obviously I'm using short-hand rather than using every post to spell out the full probability distribution.

Do you disagree or are you just criticizing for the sake of it?

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Enda said:

Obviously I'm using short-hand rather than using every post to spell out the full probability distribution.

Do you disagree or are you just criticizing for the sake of it?

I don’t think we will be in the relegation zone in a month, no. I acknowledge it’s a possibility. But I don’t think it will be the case.

• Like 1

It's easy to look at our fixtures see we have to face some strong opposition and come to the conclusion that we won't get many points and as a consequence will be in the relegation zone in a month, but then you can look at the fixtures of most our rivals and come to the same conclusion. In February Watford play Brighton away, Liverpool at home and then United away, so it won't be easy for them to overtake us, West Ham play Man CIty and Liverpool away and Southampton at home, Bournemouth play Sheffield United and Burnley away, then Chelsea at home, and Liverpool away.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I don’t think we will be in the relegation zone in a month, no. I acknowledge it’s a possibility. But I don’t think it will be the case.

Alright, let's put a bet on it. I think Villa will drop into the bottom 3 at some point before the end of the season. If we don't, I'll give £20 to VT.

I'll even offer you odds of 2/1, so you only have to give £10 if it does happen.

Or were you being pedantic and complaining about "in a month" as well?

Â