Dean Smith

Demitri_C

17 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

People forget that Deano hasn't managed at this level before, he's still learning and in my opinion he's learning quickly, he's miles ahead of the targets the club have set him and anyone thinking staying up this year would be easier then its turning out to be is a tad muddled. Oh, and that wasn't a dream last night...………..

WE ARE GOING TO WEMBLEY!

He better learn soon then.

This isn't charity. We need to stay up or it's a complete disaster for the football club.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Kingman said:

- Took over club 15th in Championship
- Record winning run (10 games)
- Promotion to the Premier League 
- League Cup Final

All this in 15 months! :flag:

It is pretty amazing I think that in such a short time he has done all of those things, most Managers/Coaches won't be able to knock a single one of those off there list in that period if at all.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Anyone who thinks that is unsatisfactory after the summer rebuild we had to do is just a fool. An unrealistic fool.

Agreed. However, I really hope we can finish as high as possible to convince Grealish to stay.
As ridiculous as it sounds, I am more worried about losing him than anything else!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Hawk said:

Efficiency is the result that comes from having positive traits, it isn’t a trait in itself.

Would also love to know what your basis is for saying McGinn has inferior concentration.

I think it's a case of Maddy is the main guy at the Foxes like Jack is here at Villa. When you have players like Jack and Maddy, they are the stand out guy at there clubs, it doesn't necessarily mean Maddison is better than Mcginn. It does mean that there is always a guy at a club who always overshadows the others where the majority of ball play goes to them and the rest look to that player to make things happen, in our case it's Jack in Leicester' s case Maddison.

John started so well early in the season and has drifted off somewhat, but if you look at back then, you will see that Jack wasn't as influential as he is now. I can see why some might say it's a concentration thing, though to me it looks as though Jack wanted the ball more and was always looking to make more things happen with his play making.

John is a fine player but as other have suggested there is a good chance he may not reach where Jack and Maddison are now, I hope were wrong, hope he does hes worked hard to get where he is, he just has to want it as badly as Jack or Maddy does.

15 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Anyone who thinks that is unsatisfactory after the summer rebuild we had to do is just a fool. An unrealistic fool.

Smith Out 😉😂

26 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Agreed. However, I really hope we can finish as high as possible to convince Grealish to stay.

We stay in the premier and Jack stays at Villa, I have no worries about Jack staying if we stay up.

Im sure if were in the premier next season then the Owners will have a plan to bring some real talent in to be side by side next to Jack. There will be a few players who will be sold or leave next season as well if we survive, one of which would be Taylor. I think Elmo would leave as well, while he's been good business at one n half mill, it would prob be in the club's best interest to find him somewhere else. Hogan would no doubt be gone. I even think Davis may be sold or let go as we would want a real goal scorer. Ghazi I'm not so sure would be kept if we have money to pump into the squad but that's just me as I think Trez is more consistent and showing signs of leap frogging Ghazi. Jota hasn't really worked out has he, someone pointed out he does have quality, he just doesn't really have Prem quality and it's most like the EFL he will go to. So yeah there are some players five or six we could move on be it sell or let go to make way for better quality. We also won't have to do a full rebuild next season so we could pump more money into buying less players, it will happen if we survive and again I have no worries about Jack staying so long as we survive.

Edited by Dave-R

42 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

As ridiculous as it sounds, I am more worried about losing him than anything else!

He will NEVER play for anyone other then us and England

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

If season ends tomorrow as we are, would u be satisfied?

16th and a visit to Wembley?

I would of took 17th and out first round of every cup before a ball had even beed kicked. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Considering we stay up and improve the squad with ongoing investment going forward i honestly believe Jack will want to stay as long as the owners don't want to asset strip us.

42 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Agree, we are doing ok, seems bluenose villalad thinks we are not

We should be doing better with the squad we got.

No team in the bottom half of table got anywhere close to a quality player like Jack. And let's be honest, most of us would probably not take a single Sheff Utd player in our starting XI

Edited by villalad21

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We should be doing better with the squad we got

Teams don't just gel in half a season. We're actually doing well. This league can swing in a few games. Southampton were 18th 7 games ago. Honestly I just think you must be a troll your posts are so ridiculous

44 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We should be doing better with the squad we got.

No team in the bottom half of table got anywhere close to a quality player like Jack. And let's be honest, most of us would probably not take a single Sheff Utd player in our starting XI

Its a fair enough comment but I don't think your taking into account that we literally started from scratch not long ago, new owners with zero Prem experience, a manager and coaching staff with zero prem management experience, a full squad, mostly new players almost zero prem experience etc etc, add in that we have had injuries to key players, VABASTARDR, kevin w@nker friend, so many posts and crossbars hit, I don't think anyone has scored an own goal against us, I don't think we've fluked a goal (honest, Trez meant all of them), Samatta was millimeters away from scoring a brace on his debut but nerves got in the way, I could go on, we have literally had nothing go for us and yet we're in a position that most fans would give their w@nking arms for.

Please mate, if you really are a villa fan, see it for what it is and that is that we are probably miles ahead of where we should be and even if poxy FFP didn't exist and the owners spent treble what we spent in the summer, we would still need time.

10 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Its a fair enough comment but I don't think your taking into account that we literally started from scratch not long ago, new owners with zero Prem experience, a manager and coaching staff with zero prem management experience, a full squad, mostly new players almost zero prem experience etc etc, add in that we have had injuries to key players, VABASTARDR, kevin w@nker friend, so many posts and crossbars hit, I don't think anyone has scored an own goal against us, I don't think we've fluked a goal (honest, Trez meant all of them), Samatta was millimeters away from scoring a brace on his debut but nerves got in the way, I could go on, we have literally had nothing go for us and yet we're in a position that most fans would give their w@nking arms for.

Please mate, if you really are a villa fan, see it for what it is and that is that we are probably miles ahead of where we should be and even if poxy FFP didn't exist and the owners spent treble what we spent in the summer, we would still need time.

It's called Aston Villa Football Club. Not Dean Smith Football Club. I support the club, not one man.

Me not believing in Smith does not make me any less of a Villa fan.

Â