Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Doctor to Villatalk patient who fell under a train - "well sir, I have managed to save your legs and within 6 months you should be able to walk again".

Villatalk patient reply to doctor - "6 months?! Call yourself a medical professional!"

Edit: Of course, this does not relate to all Villatalkers. To stay on topic, I think Dean Smith is doing a great job, regardless of whether we stay up or go down this season.

Edited by Villarocker
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We wouldn't be in a semi final in the first place if it wasn't for Lambert. Sherwood did well to beat Liverpool but he can't get the majority of the credit for getting us to the Final because of one game.

Not sure if your Serious or Delirious. 

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Which magician made the great wall of China disappear?

Would be cool if Deano could do that.

Next to come from you lads there's going to be a link between Vin diesel drinking Corona and actual Coronavirus. 

Edited by Dave-R

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

We wouldn't be in a semi final in the first place if it wasn't for Lambert. Sherwood did well to beat Liverpool but he can't get the majority of the credit for getting us to the Final because of one game.

Sherwood was installed as manager on the 14th Feb. So Sherwood was in charge against Leicester in the 5th round, then we played West Brom (QF) then Liverpool (SF), then Arsenal in the final. So Lambert was only in charge for the 3rd and 4th rounds. 

Edited by The Other Mat
Double post
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Sherwood was installed as manager on the 14th Feb. So Sherwood was in charge against Leicester in the 5th round, then we played West Brom (QF) then Liverpool (SF), then Arsenal in the final. So Lambert was only in charge for the 3rd and 4th rounds. 

Anyway back on topic... I don't get why you keep comparing Lambert with Smith. The latter has accomplished more for us in a much shorter space of time.

Promotion at the first time of asking, and a cup final In his first full season whilst overseeing a huge squad rebuild for his first ever season managing in the PL. 

He's doing ok I guess 🤣

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Maybe you should read my WHOLE post before making your comments.  To quote myself I said “he is starting to win me over is our dean. In fact since the Norwich game when we went to two defensive midfielders he has my backing.” I then mentioned fitness in general and then finished with Well done Dean!. 

Whilst this is only a football forum - taking selective comments and then totally disregarding and misinterpreting the complete text is a dangerous game that some unscrupulous men in bedsheets have been doing for centuries to further their own agendas and brainwash the masses to cause mayhem. 

So it took playing with your preferred formation for him to finally win you over? All his other achievements were meh, turns out he was being held back by the 4-3-3. Very weird.

6 minutes ago, av1 said:

Promotion at the first time of asking, and a cup final In his first full season whilst overseeing a huge squad rebuild for his first ever season managing in the PL. 

He's doing ok I guess 🤣

Errrrr, I think you'll find he's shit I heard? Tactically naive, won't change system, not important at Brentford, only ever won a few games with Walsall, out of his depth, serving up dire football, terrible signings, ineffective subs, bad selections.

I'm sure I've seen some more on here s well. So Smith out, am I right? 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

So it took playing with your preferred formation for him to finally win you over? All his other achievements were meh, turns out he was being held back by the 4-3-3. Very weird.

It took changing to a system that allowed our players to compete better defensively in games that showed he isn’t stubborn. Nothing weird about it. I actually prefer 4-3-3 but we currently don’t have the players to be successful with it as has been shown since the Burnley game.

Edited by Sulberto21

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Two games. Sherwood was in charge for the QF against West Brom.

And by all accounts his influence at half time in the Leicester game the round before turned the game around, even though he wasn't technically managing the team at that point (watching from the stands). 

Lambert was only in charge for the 3rd and 4th rounds IIRC.

And this is coming from someone who HATES Sherwood. I think he's the worst manager we've ever had. Literally ever. But to take away any credit for getting to that FA cup final and give it to Lambert is rewriting history.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Deffo Maddy was here there and everywhere for them, would love him side by side with Jack an John at Villa.

Fans are going off like it was all Maddys fault why they lost, saying sell him, I'd gladly have the lad here very good player.

He'd cost us almost as much as Grealish would cost whoever he ends up at.

Maddison is a superb player. I said earlier in the season he was better than Grealish. I think Grealish has overtaken him now but there's not much in it.

They're both ridiculously good players who the England team should be built around for the next 5 years.

It won't though. it'll probably be built around Jordan Henderson and Ross Barkley

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He'd cost us almost as much as Grealish would cost whoever he ends up at.

Maddison is a superb player. I said earlier in the season he was better than Grealish. I think Grealish has overtaken him now but there's not much in it.

They're both ridiculously good players who the England team should be built around for the next 5 years.

It won't though. it'll probably be built around Jordan Henderson and Ross Barkley

Different types of players IMO.

Maddison more of an all out, dynamic box to box player.

Jack more of a Maestro with panache, vision and flair.

That being said, imagine having BOTH in your team?

Wonder if McGinn could ever reach those heights. (Maddison like)

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Lambert won couple of games in that cup run.

The cloak has really fallen off

Edited by Zatman

2 hours ago, Villarocker said:

I think Dean Smith is doing a great job, regardless of whether we stay up or go down this season.

2 hours ago, av1 said:

He's doing ok I guess 🤣

I demanded top 10 and silverwear this seaon.  Smith is doing adequate so far.

fair **** there has been improvement..... start of seaon subs cost us.... last few games subs have made big impacts. DHLelmo last night...delivered.

3 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

I demanded top 10 and silverwear this seaon.  Smith is doing adequate so far.

fair **** there has been improvement..... start of seaon subs cost us.... last few games subs have made big impacts. DHLelmo last night...delivered.

giphy.gif

26 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Different types of players IMO.

Maddison more of an all out, dynamic box to box player.

Jack more of a Maestro with panache, vision and flair.

That being said, imagine having BOTH in your team?

Wonder if McGinn could ever reach those heights. (Maddison like)

They are very different and both exceptional in their own way. I was hugely impressed by the way Maddison constantly made space for himself last night. His movement and techniques for the constant give and goes was superb at times. That side is built around him. We need to do the same with Jack with players that are at least closer to his standard. 

Â