Dean Smith

Demitri_C

22 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It's just crazy to me though. 

He took over us when we were 15th in the championship. 

15 months later -

1) Club record breaking winning streak

2) playoff final win

3) 16th in the prem

4) league cup final

And still you're yet to be convinced. Please tell me what more he could have done these last 15 months to convince you he's the right man. 

Which magician made the great wall of China disappear?

Would be cool if Deano could do that.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

One major concern for me still is our fitness needs improving.Late January and we’re still running out of gas at about 75 minutes in. But much improved since going to 2 defensive midfielders.

I'm not sure our fitness levels are any different now to the majority of teams we're playing. They're definitely way up on our first 10-12 games, and even more so in our last 3 games. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Other Mat said:

I'm not sure our fitness levels are any different now to the majority of teams we're playing. They're definitely way up on our first 10-12 games, and even more so in our last 3 games. 

2 late winners after a busy Christmas period is definitely not a team with poor fitness levels. Last 3 games he have also been better 2nd half 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

It's just crazy to me though. 

He took over us when we were 15th in the championship. 

15 months later -

1) Club record breaking winning streak

2) playoff final win

3) 16th in the prem

4) league cup final

And still you're yet to be convinced. Please tell me what more he could have done these last 15 months to convince you he's the right man. 

Maybe you should read my WHOLE post before making your comments.  To quote myself I said “he is starting to win me over is our dean. In fact since the Norwich game when we went to two defensive midfielders he has my backing.” I then mentioned fitness in general and then finished with Well done Dean!. 

Whilst this is only a football forum - taking selective comments and then totally disregarding and misinterpreting the complete text is a dangerous game that some unscrupulous men in bedsheets have been doing for centuries to further their own agendas and brainwash the masses to cause mayhem. 

15 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Maybe you should read my WHOLE post before making your comments.  To quote myself I said “he is starting to win me over is our dean. In fact since the Norwich game when we went to two defensive midfielders he has my backing.” I then mentioned fitness in general and then finished with Well done Dean!. 

Whilst this is only a football forum - taking selective comments and then totally disregarding and misinterpreting the complete text is a dangerous game that some unscrupulous men in bedsheets have been doing for centuries to further their own agendas and brainwash the masses to cause mayhem. 

Haha I read your whole post. The rest of it was irrelevant to my point. 

So again, what more did you want from the past 15 months? 

41 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Maybe you should read my WHOLE post before making your comments.  To quote myself I said “I finished with some unscrupulous men in bedsheets  to cause mayhem. “

I think you’ve other things to be concerned about rather than selective quoting based on what youve said there...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

KKK or wannabe ghosts?

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

These are not the games he will be judged on. Even Lambert took us to a cup final.

Expect to see the same aggressiveness and desire against Bournemouth.

Brilliant. Yet if we'd lost any of them you'd have used it against him. 

Never change 

Just now, DCJonah said:

Brilliant. Yet if we'd lost any of them you'd have used it against him. 

Never change 

Depends on the performance. If it was a good performance and we lost i wouldn't give him stick.

I'd take 17th over relegation and a cup final and we all would.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

These are not the games he will be judged on. Even Lambert took us to a cup final.

Which final was that then? It was Sherwood wasn't it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Depends on the performance. If it was a good performance and we lost i wouldn't give him stick.

But we're on track to finish outside of the relegation zone and of course go to a cup final so what exactly are you going on about?

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Why do you keep mentioning Lambert? Who incidentally didn't take us to a cup final. 

1 minute ago, The Other Mat said:

Why do you keep mentioning Lambert? Who incidentally didn't take us to a cup final. 

We wouldn't be in a semi final in the first place if it wasn't for Lambert. Sherwood did well to beat Liverpool but he can't get the majority of the credit for getting us to the Final because of one game.

Edited by villalad21
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Right so he can be judged on these games then. 

Thanks for proving my point. 

Not sure what more people have been expecting. 

There were concerns he hasnt been reactive enough this year when we've had bad results... he's changed the system after Watford away and it's worked. Subs still a mild concern, but we arent blessed with £30m players on the bench to change games - we've largely got Championship players (hi Henri...) and kids.

I think if you'd offered us the 12 months we've had so far after the 3-0 shambles at Wigan I don't think there's a single Villa fan that would have said "no thanks". Smith has said himself recently that his teams are usually better in the second half of the season, and that game at Wigan last season was pretty much where it began to move forward (we fought back from 2 down against Hull a week later, beat Ipswich and drew at Reading before losing to WBA prior to the winning run). Beaten 3-0 away and looking utterly hopeless? Sounds familiar...

Its in our nature as football fans to never be happy, so he'll never please all of us all of the time, but we should at least be thankful for the last 12 months or so, because on the whole he's done what we wanted when Bruce left - got us up by playing attacking football with fast play, but he's given us the one thing that we've lacked since it went downhill under MON... we have our pride back. We may still go down (although I personally doubt it), but Aston Villa are back on the national radar for the right reasons.

Edited by StewieGriffin

21 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We wouldn't be in a semi final in the first place if it wasn't for Lambert. Sherwood did well to beat Liverpool but he can't get the majority of the credit for getting us to the Final because of one game.

I'm off!

Edited by sparrow1988

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't know why. 

Maddison was their best player, and was brilliant all night.

Deffo Maddy was here there and everywhere for them, would love him side by side with Jack an John at Villa.

Fans are going off like it was all Maddys fault why they lost, saying sell him, I'd gladly have the lad here very good player.

Rodgers screwed up I think and showed how desperate he was bringing Vardy on. I think we got to them through being tactically better, they had more possession and shots yet it was our counter attacking that was dangerous.

For the first time in some months our passing was actually real eye catching to see, like the lads were relishing the pressure.

Â