Dean Smith

Demitri_C

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

And I thought we were bad!

maddison getting some pelters

Yeah Maddy is getting some hate.

They are adamant that were going down, like they have already seen the future, I tell you what if we stay up I may have to just create an account to do there heads in, and remind them that were still here lol.

Woke up smiling like a Cheshire Cat this morning. Absolutely delighted to get to Wembley again and with a last minute winner makes it even sweeter. 

So chuffed for Smith, delighted for him. I really hope these last few weeks give us the belief to continue to kick on in the league now. 

• Like 2

He’s starting to win me over is our Dean. In fact since the Norwich game where he went 4-2-3-1 he has got my backing. Yesterday I noticed our pressing was very good especially when they went 4-4-2 they changed it after 15 minutes and Kelechi went wide right which caused us problems but we were always in the game. it was like watching his Brentford and Walsall teams.

One major concern for me still is our fitness needs improving.Late January and we’re still running out of gas at about 75 minutes in. But much improved since going to 2 defensive midfielders.

Well done Dean!

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

And Trez.

Yeah Trez, about Trez, when he kicked that ball so slowly and there's five mins left on the board and I mention that we need new wingers, only to see Trez pop up with the winner, he certainly  made me eat my words.

At this rate I'd rather have Trez on than Ghazi because he don't half go that extra mile to battle and he seems to be getting better all the time.

7 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Yeah Trez, about Trez, when he kicked that ball so slowly and there's five mins left on the board and I mention that we need new wingers, only to see Trez pop up with the winner, he certainly  made me eat my words.

At this rate I'd rather have Trez on than Ghazi because he don't half go that extra mile to battle and he seems to be getting better all the time.

El Ghazi still the much better player for me but he has also played in tougher leagues and had an extra year in England. Trez will only get better. Decent squad player to have. 

20 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Yeah Maddy is getting some hate.

They are adamant that were going down, like they have already seen the future, I tell you what if we stay up I may have to just create an account to do there heads in, and remind them that were still here lol.

I don't know why. 

Maddison was their best player, and was brilliant all night.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

He’s starting to win me over is our Dean. In fact since the Norwich game where he went 4-2-3-1 he has got my backing. Yesterday I noticed our pressing was very good especially when they went 4-4-2 they changed it after 15 minutes and Kelechi went wide right which caused us problems but we were always in the game. it was like watching his Brentford and Walsall teams.

One major concern for me still is our fitness needs improving.Late January and we’re still running out of gas at about 75 minutes in. But much improved since going to 2 defensive midfielders.

Well done Dean!

Oh that's good. 

Maybe when he's won the champions league for the 5th time you'll finally be convinced. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Oh that's good. 

Maybe when he's won the champions league for the 5th time you'll finally be convinced. 

My opinion is mine yours is yours. Had he changed to two defensive midfielders earlier we would have more points on the board. 

11 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

“Embarrassing. Villa are complete shite but let's face we all new it would end like this.”

At lease wee kan spelt ewe tossars

Wow, read a few pages of that. They really don't like us 🙂  LOL, shame!

And have to add. So stoked for Dean. The scenes in the tunnel after the match. The support from Suso, the reactions of the players - he has the dressing room, and getting Villa to Wembley in a cup final must be an absolute dream come true.

Can you imagine if we win the final? Potentially we *could* finish comfortably lower mid table, win a cup and be playing in Europe next season! That would be exceptional success, given where we were 12 months ago!

I will leave you with one stat...... as Villa manager, Dean smith has won every game we have played at Wembley

Â