Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Tbh I’ve questioned him because at times he’s got decisions wrong and I think it’s cost us, potentially I believe we’re better than 25 points. 

But he’s really turned it round in the lasting 5 games with the return of Mings. I think he really did well today and it seems they’ve got a strong belief now which we need for the run in. I’m happy for him to continue 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

City play Real Madrid 3 days before the final, we have more than a chance as I think all City eggs are in the Champions League this season

possibly, but us losing cup finals is the modus operandi and citeh are bloody brilliant so I have reserved hopes. but damn what I wouldn't love for us to finally win this bloody thing!

Look, City have tanked us twice this season. We are looking at a hammering and possible the biggest defeat in a Cup final. But, wouldn't fans rather get to Wembley and have that day out, that big occasion, than losing to poxy Leicester in the semi? 

Who knows, there might be some players out there picking up the phone to their agents right now asking them to get them a game at Wembley! 

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

City play Real Madrid 3 days before the final, we have more than a chance as I think all City eggs are in the Champions League this season

Plus we’ve already beaten Liverpool and Leicester......fear nobody !

In a one off game we can beat anyone, City aren't invincible, this season Palace,Wolves (twice), Man Utd, Newcastle, Shaktar Donetsk, Liverpool, Atlanta, Norwich, and Spurs have all gotten results against them, no reason why we can't either.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Is that first or second leg?

They love collecting domestic cups and are very ruthless in domestic finals so don't hold much hope unless half of them get sent off tomorrow night in which case we'd get Man. United instead anyway.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Is that first or second leg?

They love collecting domestic cups and are very ruthless in domestic finals so don't hold much hope unless half of them get sent off tomorrow night in which case we'd get Man. United instead anyway.

Its the 1st leg in Madrid, they have Leicester the week before and an FA Cup game the Wednesday after the final

• Like 1

Not many people gave us a chance against Leicester over two legs given the way they destroyed us at Villa Park in the league game.

No matter how we achieved it, we turned that form around massively. We'll done to Dean, his staff and, all his players. 

• Like 1

Be interesting what we do for the final formation wise anyway.

Our back 3 has generally worked very well so far and against some decent teams but Man. City utterly demolished it.

I remember last year in the final everyone thought Sarri would just play his usual system but he actually played without a striker and put Hazard in as a false 9 and Chelsea comfortably got to penalties.

Previous season Arsenal played their usual way and Man. City got an easy 3-0. Less said about Watford's attempt...

Grealish as a false 9 and try to flood the midfield perhaps and hope we can hold out for a while?

I think my main worry is it's going to be exactly like 2015 final. From the first whistle we'll retreat and barely even attempt tackles as we saw in the VP game. There is no easy way to play Man. City but at least keeping tight to them and marking them properly is a better bet to get a result and we were hopeless at that.

Hoping for more like the game up there where we were in the game for an hour. Anything else is a bonus.

Edited by VillaChris

Â