Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I agree, but I wouldn't call it great. He had set such a low bar just the minimal effort and a few attempts on goals would make him look like a player with a future.  

Not great no but looking like with service he can lead the line. Would have been a tremendous help to have an "ok" Wesley last night. 

Edit - we always needed another striker anyway. Not disputing that at all. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

On 04/01/2020 at 16:55, sheepyvillian said:

But, my point was out of the two left backs we have, imo, Taylor is more dependable. 

You're forgetting the modern football fan who wants lovely attacking football and looks at a full backs attack qualities only. Then when said full back turns out is incapable of defending (like Targett) they will moan about his defending. 

Then Taylor who's a better defender than attacker (which I prefer in a full back imo as let's face it it's part of the defence) comes along will get stick because he can't attack. 

• Like 1

On 08/01/2020 at 22:26, villalad21 said:

Leicester got spanked by Liverpool, lost to Man Ure and Norwich managed to get a draw at Leicester's place.

Christ. They're good but they aren't Liverpool or City.

you right they not man city they are above them! 

This situation is a disgrace. The biggest injury crisis since the bubonic plague and all they've done is bought in one player...a freebie

Dunno Deano is showing the exact same ineptitude towards transfers that he does for 2nd half substitutions. ie sitting on his hands. having a couple of meetings on the touch line then shrugging his shoulders and saying "erm erm yeah no well... the price goes down the closer you get to the deadline"

Palace have a pensioner in charge who looks like he has more baggage under his eyes than the lost luggage department at bhx, yet still has the get up and go to take tosun from everton in time for their early kick off... and still see to his allotment!

At this rate we will be going down sheldon to get riccardo scimeca out of the kitchen to play up front again.

I expect to see Smith get mic'd up come on pitch tomorrow like big ron the game before we signed sarnders and make a statement of intent.

Edited by screwdriver
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

This situation is a disgrace. The biggest injury crisis since the bubonic plague and all they've done is bought in one player...a freebie

Dunno Deano is showing the exact same ineptitude towards transfers that he does for 2nd half substitutions. ie sitting on his hands. having a couple of meetings on the touch line then shrugging his shoulders and saying "erm erm yeah no well... the price goes down the closer you get to the deadline"

Palace have a pensioner in charge who looks like he has more baggage under his eyes than the lost luggage department at bhx, yet still has the get up and go to take tosun from everton in time for their early kick off... and still have time to see to his allotment!

At this rate we will be going down sheldon to get riccardo scimeca out of the kitchen to play up front again.

I expect to see Smith get mic'd up come on pitch tomorrow like big ron the game before we signed sarnders and make a statement of intent.

Even for you that's a barmy post

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

No striker at home when we drop into the bottom 3, we have Hogan unless he’s unavailable? 

Also Elmo instead of Freddy, that automatically is a black mark from me, it’s a ridiculous decision 

Scott Hogan barely counts as a football player let alone a striker.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s not like we are the first team to get bummed by city is it?

Well no, but in our case I do think its been coming. Not necessarily against City, but we've rode our luck a lot in the chances we've conceded in open play this season.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

I can understand not picking a striker but that midfield selection is baffling. No way would I have put Drinkwater in for his debut in this game and then throw Hourihane in there too just to make sure he has to do even more running. 

When Steve Bruce started the season with too few central defenders there were suggestions that he'd done it on purpose to get himself sacked.

I don't see how it's any worse than Smith going into this season with Wesley, Kodjia and Davis. Particularly with the latter two being so injury prone.

• Like 1

Â