Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Just now, villalad21 said:

Yeah let's keep on ignoring an glaring issue.

The fact that the team keeps giving away leads after half time has been an occurring theme all season.

But i forgot you are not allowed to criticize when you get a decent result on here.

Was tonight decent for you then? Wow, that's a positive. 

We do often, as stats will show, perform worse in second halves of games this season. So, let's look at how that could be. 

Does Smith not have enough about him to get a better level of performance second half or, maybe, our players - largely new to this level of competition - tire in the latter stages of games? 

Give them time and they will get there! 

• Like 2

Leicester had 21 shots today. 23 shots last time we played them.

I guess it's a slight improvement.

The fact they scored three less is a slight improvement? I'd hate to work for you! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Was tonight decent for you then? Wow, that's a positive. 

We do often, as stats will show, perform worse in second halves of games this season. So, let's look at how that could be. 

Does Smith not have enough about him to get a better level of performance second half or, maybe, our players - largely new to this level of competition - tire in the latter stages of games? 

Give them time and they will get there! 

We fought well, but that was not a decent performance.

A decent performance would be creating chances and not conceding too many chances.

If Leicester were more clinical and won 4-1 it wouldn't be an unfair result. Nyland saved us from it getting really ugly.

Edited by villalad21

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Yeah let's keep on ignoring a glaring issue.

The fact that the team keeps giving away leads after half time has been an occurring theme all season.

But i forgot you are not allowed to criticize when you get a decent result on here.

Listen mate, you can say what you like, but that works both ways and the fact of the matter is your criticism smacks of someone boring on endlessly, with an agenda.

Perhaps what you say wouldn't be so irritating if you didn't just make the same Smith out jibes every time you post. That's why you get the reaction you do. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We fought well, but that was not a decent performance.

A decent performance would be creating chances and not conceding too many chances.

If Leicester were more clinical and won 4-1 it wouldn't be an unfair result. Nyland saved us from it getting really ugly.

And if Konsa glanced the header we would have won 2-1. 

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

Listen mate, you can say what you like, but that works both ways and the fact of the matter is your criticism smacks of someone boring on endlessly, with an agenda.

Perhaps what you say wouldn't be so irritating if you didn't just make the same Smith out jibes every time you post. That's why you get the reaction you do. 

There's no agenda.

Because of Smith's poor defensive records at both Walsall and Brentford i've never been convinced by him and quite frankly i don't rate him.

It's called Aston Villa Football Club. Not Smith's Football Club. Me not wanting Smith here doesn't make me any less of a Villa fan.

There's no agenda.

Because of Smith's poor defensive records at both Walsall and Brentford i've never been convinced by him and quite frankly i don't rate him.

It's called Aston Villa Football Club. Not Smith's Football Club. Me not wanting Smith here doesn't make me any less of a Villa fan.

You don't say. That is news.

Don't be surprised if your repetitive whining contributes to you getting more jibes.

Tiresome.

12 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Brentford and Walsall leaked goals under Smith. Their fans will tell you that. Ask any Brentford fan.

This ain't a new phenomenon.

Its like copy and paste 😂

• Haha 1

Think it's a bit harsh on villalad, he's simply expressing an opinion. There are some truths though, we still are far from impressive, there's a lot of basics we aren't doing right. Ball retention just send to be non existent in quite a few games now. I'm happy with the result given the team we played. Major improvements required though still

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Brentford and Walsall leaked goals under Smith. Their fans will tell you that. Ask any Brentford fan.

This ain't a new phenomenon.

Anyone else getting de ja vu?

• Like 1

Â