Dean Smith

Demitri_C

33 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

They can hardly put less effort in? Don't mind it at all.

He's spent his whole time here generally praising, with a few comments on general team perform not being good enough.

Though he hasn't helped himself recently, these crap players are not even working hard for him.

The burning question is why?

In a board room inquest, that is one of the questions they will be asking

3 hours ago, sne said:

We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in Burnley, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender

:D

can you let the players know?

• Haha 2

This is what I hope we look like by the end of Jan, defo won't happen though. (assuming everyone fit)

Heaton

Konsa Engels Mings

Guilbert          NEW          Targett 

McGinn Grealish

Wesley     NEW

Subs: Steer, Hause, NEW, Nakamba, Luiz, NEW, Davis

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

This is what I hope we look like by the end of Jan, defo won't happen though. (assuming everyone fit)

Heaton

Konsa Engels Mings

Guilbert          NEW          Targett 

McGinn Grealish

Wesley     NEW

Subs: Steer, Hause, NEW, Nakamba, Luiz, NEW, Davis

Whelan and Adomah could be the NEWs in the starting lineup.

• Haha 1

Realistically, assuming deano totally sticks with a 433, hopefully it may look similar to this (again prob won't happen:))

Heaton

Guulbert Engels Mings Targett

McGinn   NEW   Luiz

NEW   NEW   Grealish

Subs: Steer, Hause, Elmo, Nakamba, Ghazi/Trez, Davis, Wesley

Edited by MaVilla

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Poor poor Villa that got handed such a difficult run. Should we all start crying about it?

Everyone else except Villa is getting wins against the bigger teams. Southampton and Watford got humiliated by Leicester and Man City. You don't see them resigning.

Like Bruce would have said. It's time to stop feeling sorry for ourselves and roll up our sleeves.

Hi Villalad21.

What was your expectation for this season as a playoff winning team.

Since your a harsh critic from your posts did you think we would be challenging for top 6?

By not responding we will know that your just a windup poster

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not getting outfought every week for a start.

Work ethic, desire, aggression. It really starts there. With the basics.

If Dean can't instill that into the players he has to go. Because that means we'll lose nearly every week

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Not getting outfought every week for a start.

Work ethic, desire, aggression. It really starts there. With the basics.

If Dean can't instill that into the players he has to go. Because that means we'll lose nearly every week

well we have played 19 games and didnt lose every week and got more points that many playoff winners at this stage. 

Still you never answered the question what we should expect. Did you think top6 as well?

47 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Hi Villalad21.

Since your a harsh critic from your posts did you think we would be challenging for top 6?

By not responding we will know that your just a windup poster

but he is not a harsh critic....he is a critic like me.....because we see things that shouldn't be there despite just coming up.

He is addressing serious issues many of us can see and want remedied, else we will go down.... and silly remarks like expectation of top 6, is moving away from the issue with a throw a way comment like that.

If you watch the games and the play there are things clearly not right from many International  or (touted international) standard players....things you would expect to be right.

If you watch Wolves or Sheff Utd, you then will know top 6 for us would be a pipe dream, because we are no where near them.....and before we get looking for excuses....sheff Utd were in Div 1 not so long back with similar players,that we would never dream of signing.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Just now, Zatman said:

well we have played 19 games and didnt lose every week and got more points that many playoff winners at this stage. 

Still you never answered the question what we should expect. Did you think top6 as well?

After all the money we spent we should expect to compete.

Surviving is the bare minimum requirement and i'm sure the owners would say the same.

When you lose comfortably to Watford and Southampton our chances for survival are looking grim.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

but he is not a harsh critic....he is a critic like me.....because we see things that shouldn't be there despite just coming up.

He is addressing serious issues many of us can see and want remedied, else we will go down.... and silly remarks like expectation of top 6, is moving away from the issue with a throw a way comment like that.

If you watch the games and the play there are things clearly not right from many International  or (touted international) standard players....things you would expect to be right.

Well before the season we were favourite to go straight down. He also wanted Smith sacked in December last year so we need know his exact opinion since he is crying after every game especially for Jack

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

How can you expect anything, if you can't get the basics right?

did you read what he said? in his response.

What is you answer to those basics not being employed?

Edited by TRO

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

After all the money we spent we should expect to compete.

Surviving is the bare minimum requirement and i'm sure the owners would say the same.

When you lose comfortably to Watford and Southampton our chances for survival are looking grim.

you make it sound like we are 15 points adrift. I remember your bullshit this time last year. Smith should be sacked for strarting Whelan in a game we won.

• Like 2

Just now, Zatman said:

Well before the season we were favourite to go straight down. He also wanted Smith sacked in December last year so we need know his exact opinion since he is crying after every game especially for Jack

I will admit to this. I've never really rated Smith as a man that can take Villa to great heights.

Mainly because of his poor defensive records at both Brentford, Walsall and now Villa.

An organized defense is the foundation to any successful football club.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TRO said:

How can you expect anything, if you can't get the basics right?

do you read what he said? in his response.

What is you answer to those basics not being employed?

villalad wanted Smith sacked from his 1st game so his opinion is pretty much null and void

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Ok so you are responding to December last year, fine Now I understand better.....but the way we are going, he might be more insightful than me or you....because I want Dean to fix this.

is he crying? or just pissed off with what he is seeing....frustration can get to us all.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I will admit to this. I've never really rated Smith as a man that can take Villa to great heights.

Mainly because of his poor defensive records at both Brentford, Walsall and now Villa.

Yes it is.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Ok so you are responding to December last year, fine Now I understand better.....but the way we are going, he might be more insightful than me or you....because I want Dean to fix this.

is he crying? or just pissed off with what he is seeing....frustration can get to us all.

well no he has had a grudge since, even when we won. He is an opinion not to take serious

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

villalad wanted Smith sacked from his 1st game so his opinion is pretty much null and void

well, it isn't is it....it was just his opinion and we might have to take is seriously, Hope not but the signs arn't good and I am loathe to support any manager that concedes like holes in a sieve.

I defended Bruce against folk who never wanted him in the first place.......maybe they were right and I was wrong....I have to accept that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Correct, and our best defender and defensive leader has been out injured.

If we can get Mings fit for the rest of the season, things will improve.

An injury to your best centre back is a disaster for any team.

Â