Dean Smith

Demitri_C

I think Smith should go if we get relegated or are far adrift. I'm sorry but I don't share the sentimentality people have of him here for taking us up through the playoffs, at least not enough to justify us completely going back to square one again.

Not saying I think we will get relegated yet. But just in response to the posters who think we should stick with Smith no matter what.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

Something is wrong. I think a few egos might have taken over, or some players think Dean isn’t good enough. Maybe the coaching team have fallen out? Maybe the team are puzzled re: Wes? I just think something is off. The work rate isn’t there.

Granted, I’m concerned that DS doesn’t seem to have a plan b, but what use is it if the players aren’t playing for you? 

• Like 1

Just now, AVTuco said:

It's not Dean out yet, but that was a very stupid decision to give him an extension.

Wouldn't get too worried about that. If Villa continue to slump, he'll move on and get paid accordingly. Happens all the time.

Buck your ideas up Dean.

Im sure he will come out and identify the problems we all saw today and just like always, fail to address it next week.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

You can't just throw a comment like " we are a work in progress " around without zero factual evidence to back that up. We have no discernible style of play. Recruitment ( let's have it straight ) looks appalling. Tactically he takes an age to do anything. We conceded truckloads of goals at the back end of last year and early this year and he doesn't seem to of got any cuter defensively. Terry ? Where do you start. A Hollywood show pony of a coach. I mean, what's he even doing.

Lol. what? We are by the very definition a work in progress. What on earth are you on about? 

My biggest concern is how poor we are in the second 45 minutes of games. What goes on in the half time break? Early goals conceded in our last 3 games isn't good. 

What i'll say is, no matter if we stay up or get relegated this season, Dean Smith has my full support. I completely believe in him and that won't change. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Farlz said:

My biggest concern is how poor we are in the second 45 minutes of games. What goes on in the half time break? Early goals conceded in our last 3 games isn't good. 

What i'll say is, no matter if we stay up or get relegated this season, Dean Smith has my full support. I completely believe in him and that won't change. 

Yeah. The half time talks needs questioning. 

4 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I think Smith should go if we get relegated or are far adrift. I'm sorry but I don't share the sentimentality people have of him here for taking us up through the playoffs, at least not enough to justify us completely going back to square one again.

Not saying I think we will get relegated yet. But just in response to the posters who think we should stick with Smith no matter what.

Of course he should. He got to spend 140 mill ffs.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Something is wrong. I think a few egos might have taken over, or some players think Dean isn’t good enough. Maybe the coaching team have fallen out? Maybe the team are puzzled re: Wes? I just think something is off. The work rate isn’t there.

Granted, I’m concerned that DS doesn’t seem to have a plan b, but what use is it if the players aren’t playing for you? 

i'm feeling the same way, something isn't right,

Is this coming to a point similar to Adkins at Southampton ? I’m not calling for him to be sacked one bit however, I’m a little concerned about his inability to change things but he has my full backing. Just putting it out there for discussion. 

Just now, Johnnyp said:

As in relegation, whatever happens ?

Yes. He would get us back up. It's a case now where we are rebuilding a football club. Everything from infrastructure to squad and more importantly football philosophy. 

We made massive squad changes this summer. Some have been great. Some have been poor. Some signings are definitely missing. But giving up and going back to the managerial swing door is not how I see we can achieve long term success at this club. 

It was always going to be a very very difficult season. We are just a couple of wins off solid mid table position. We've played a lot of difficult games lately. Easier run coming up. New signings will be made. 

And we are on general more entertaining to watch than I can remember for a long bloody time. We will take a beating now and then and struggle to stay up this season, but that was always on the cards.

It doesn't mean we don't have to improve or Deano shouldn't learn. 
But we've been here before last season. We recovered. It's time to stick behind the club and rock the team on. I fully believe we can survive the drop and achieve something great long term. But it won't happen if we now overreact every time we hit a rough patch. 

• Like 1

Â