Dean Smith

Demitri_C

51 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think he should be given the same time that Bruce was given in his first season before being truly judged. I would love to see massive improvement this season but I’m expecting him to need 2 windows and a pre season.  Next season we should be ripping the league up. 

Totally agree.

Bruce shifted us up the table and got us just outside the play offs - for me this season that is the marker - anything above that great.

Following season we have to rip up the division.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Enda said:

This is simply class. 

What's noticeable is the constant movement of players off the ball seeking space to receive the ball. This is something 5hwt seems to have ended disappeared with is, players mainly stand around or trot backwards away from danger areas to receive a completely safe pass in a non threatening position. 

I pray this is something that Smith can bring back, it is half the job really. 

Love Tommy Johnson, don't know why he didn't stay with us longer. 

My mates were only talking the other day about toilet rolls being thrown at matches, I speculated on the fact that someone at some time threw a toilet roll, and it will have been the last one ever thrown at a football match so was pleased to see some bog roll tangled in the net there. 

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

I choose to remember Merson the footballer. Because otherwise he's just a massive bellend.

If Dean does well at Villa under NSWE, which will mean be back in the PL with massive resources, he will already be in possession of a top job.

Yep, total bellend. Can barely string two words together, preferred the player version

• Like 1

the quality isnt there with the final ball which has badly let us down but you can see straight away the players buy in to his idea of actually playing football, midfield and the back look good on the ball and its not 10 passes under no pressure because the opposition knows you're not going anywhere like it was under bruce, with the 11th pass being a full back lumping it forward, its 4/5 good sensible passes then a man in the middle making himself available and looking to turn and go forward

early days obviously but it looks so much better

• Like 2

This is very promising, I hadn't expected such instant improvements. Plays 4-3-3 as I see it, nice to see how the front three presses as a unit, and the next mid three follows up as a unit. Seems to bring out the best of Grealish and McGinn who gets quite much space and freedom. You can see that the players are instructed to pass first and foremost, not many chance balls in the channels or hoofing at all.  

2 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

This is very promising, I hadn't expected such instant improvements. Plays 4-3-3 as I see it, nice to see how the front three presses as a unit, and the next mid three follows up as a unit. Seems to bring out the best of Grealish and McGinn who gets quite much space and freedom. You can see that the players are instructed to pass first and foremost, not many chance balls in the channels or hoofing at all.  

Just need more depth in defense and a proper gk and we're set for this league imo

• Like 2

So what i could see is we were alot more offensive and pressed the opposition alot more.

The players actually look like they wanted it.

He played Bjarnason as a quarterback basically hoovering up the ball and passing it short.

He played McGinn as a ball winning midfielder he won the ball all game and broke down their midfield completely.

Grealish played alot more forward passes.

This was only after a few days with the squad impressive, imagine what he will do with a full preseason.

Oh and the ref was a complete clearing in the woods as usual, someone take him to specsavers.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Post match interview is strange to listen to, He is talking about tactics and phases in play. Strange situation. I was expecting something about sleeves but it wasn’t forthcoming. 

Was just thinking the same. 

I'm thrilled we are moving on from that dinosaur. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Post match interview is strange to listen to, He is talking about tactics and phases in play. Strange situation. I was expecting something about sleeves but it wasn’t forthcoming. 

"There or thereabouts"

You can see the difference already, screaming at players when and where to win the ball. Telling players to hold and then screaming at them to snap into the press after Swansea make a pass to a certain area or to a certain player.

A bit different to Bruce's mindless "press em" every 20 seconds regardless of where the ball was.

Â