Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

We just need to be patient. We have no defence. Not even clough or pep could create a sound defence with our mish mash of full backs. We need to attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or promote from the u23s, even if they aren't big units, feet are going to be a lot more important than muscles with Smith methinks.

• Like 2

Congrats Dean on the appointment and here's hoping for a successful stint at Villa. I think this is a solid decision and one that hopefully builds us in the right direction

3 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

We just need to be patient. We have no defence. Not even clough or pep could create a sound defence with our mish mash of full backs. We need to attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!

we need to keep the ball, its the best chance of defending we have, we have to control possession

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

I'm not naive nor childish enough to think we'll rock up against Swansea next weekend playing beautiful football and blow them away. We won't but this is definetely out most progressive appointment in years. He loves his teams having the team and expects them to know where to be when they don't. This takes time to implement. But he will and i don't feel he'll compromise on how he wants to play the game. Going forward i can't see hutton and jedinak being part of a Dean Smith side but let the man get in the door first eh.

This is the single most impressive thing I’ve seen in Brentford, and, for me, our single biggest weakness under Bruce.

Its a lot harder to achieve than it appears - much harder than implementing a ‘passing game’, much harder than implementing a ‘pressing game’, certainly much harder than our current ‘style’......., but it’s priceless. 

With the quality we have, if (IF !) he can get that going we will become a force. The quicker the better !

13 minutes ago, Fowlersrs said:

You did see him play in a Brentford shirt under Smith right. Players don't just get shit over night. With the right management and an actual style in place Hogan will flourish

No he won't. He is awful. Thankfully, with kodjia and abraham here he won't be pushing for many starts. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I'm not naive nor childish enough to think we'll rock up against Swansea next weekend playing beautiful football and blow them away. We won't but this is definetely our most progressive appointment in years. He loves his teams having the ball and expects them to know where to be when they don't. This takes time to implement. But he will and i don't feel he'll compromise on how he wants to play the game. Going forward i can't see hutton and jedinak being part of a Dean Smith side but let the man get in the door first eh.

Really ? - I think swansea will be an andrellin fuelled display of attacking football - Full house - new manager - Terry on the touchline - I really wouldn't like to be swansea on that day.

I wasn’t sold on Smith early on, but the way this sets up with a DOF and JT, I am actually very pleased. 

Appreciate it will need time but feel the owners may have judged this one bang on and the gap to automatic, with the games, left is fully achievable. 

My only concern, and this isn’t Deans fault, is only having one decent CB. Who knows, maybe JT will work his magic. 

Exciting times ahead - UTV!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Really ? - I think swansea will be an andrellin fuelled display of attacking football - Full house - new manager - Terry on the touchline - I really wouldn't like to be swansea on that day.

From where we are to playing as a proper team will take a long time on the training pitch IMO. Hopefully we smash the shit out of Swansea but if we do it'll be because the attacking talent we have clicks for once. To implement a proper system is going to take lot longer than 10 days.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, terrytini said:

This is the single most impressive thing I’ve seen in Brentford, and, for me, our single biggest weakness under Bruce.

Its a lot harder to achieve than it appears - much harder than implementing a ‘passing game’, much harder than implementing a ‘pressing game’, certainly much harder than our current ‘style’......., but it’s priceless. 

With the quality we have, if (IF !) he can get that going we will become a force. The quicker the better !

The amount of goals villa concede from people not actually knowing where to be/how to manipulate space is criminal.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jim said:

Wow, bolt from the blue!

Welcome gents and I wish you all the best and hopefully you can return us back where we belong.

Just goes to show the press know **** all and by my reckoning this was the first choice team along.

Some sites were just over an hour ago saying we were about to appoint Rui Faria!

Â