Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Bruce left us with Mcginn though.

Surely you can appreciate that?

you're fighting a losing battle here lad...give it up. some wont appreciate anything bruce did. apparently we only had 10 good games under him despite 46 wins and making it to the playoff final

• Like 1

On 18/10/2019 at 08:58, Philosopher said:

How I see it is Bruce plugged the holes in the ship and got it a float again, and Dean unfurled the sails and set it sail towards the promised land.

Dean also pulled the anchor up.

• Like 3

What Bruce did was batten down the hatches, he even said so himself.

Countless times in fact.

While that was nice of him, turns out we are living in the 21st century now and there are other solutions one can use as Smith proved.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Can we stop all talk of our previous manager in here, there’s a whole boring thread about him in off topic that repeats the same thing over and over. 

We have Dean Smith now, how about we focus on his role and achievement at the club 

I don’t think you will ever stop some people talking about Steve Bruce in every thread they can find. 

Think of it as a therapy session for them.

This style of play is nerve wrecking for me.

We're basically playing 4-1-5.

So easy to get the ball through to our half because we got no midfield. I feel so bad for poor Nakamba.

We won though, all that matter really.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

All of a sudden, we are basically mid table.

It's been a very tight league so far so we never got too far behind other teams when we had such a frustrating run of games.  I can only see us getting stronger as the season goes on.

As for Dean he did everything he could today.  Made the right subs, picked the right XI.  UTV.

There was some decent stuff in patches but also diabolical at times, a lot of the defending was last ditch, the midfield wasn't working with large gaps in it and no creativity, on the ball it was either percentage stuff or 'give it to Grealish'.

So some things we need to really improve but the positives were that we 'kept going' to seek out the winner and hopefully have broken a bit of a mental barrier that we seemed to have when playing against 10 men.

A really big 3 points overall. 

Fantastic win, out of no where really in the end, main thing is we won, I guess it all comes down to keep banging away.

We did struggle second half, not possession wise because we were good at that but we struggled by keeping them away from our box, we struggled to kill off the game soon as they went down to ten men.

I think we started to drift, I do feel though that bringing Davis and especially luiz on were the right moves and they helped us to shut them out that little bit more.

I think we are just lacking some real quality now, ghazi really showed that if we go spend decent and bring someone in who can do the things ghazi struggled with we would be more than fine. Trezeguet was good but he needs to be better also but was much better than ghazi. I will agree with some that Mcginn had abit of an off game. Wesley was decent but Still has a long way to go.

People that shined were clearly Mings, Grealish, Target, hourihane(FH), Guilbert, Engels, Nakamba, Luiz.

We did just enough but that's how bad these 10 men games are, it's really making us look bad because we can't completely shut them down fast enough, we need to be better on having the advantage.

Edited by Dave-R

Â