Dean Smith

Demitri_C

7 hours ago, Jareth said:

Just won snakes and ladders against my 7 year old, rolling a 4 to win it - felt like a John Mcginn play-off final goal. Thanks Dean. 

A man mating his 7 year old son at any game is both dangerous and cruel in equal measures 😉

• Confused 4

Never thought I would say this about a villa manager, but this summer I can't point a finger to even one signing that I think is a dud.

Regardless of how the season goes overall I think he purchased really really well, he's definitely got an eye for a player (and the recruitment team), 130m ish spent on 15 odd players and wouldn't call any out for being a poor purchase? (Especially when cost versus impact is considered).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Never thought I would say this about a villa manager, but this summer I can't point a finger to even one signing that I think is a dud.

Regardless of how the season goes overall I think he purchased really really well, he's definitely got an eye for a player (and the recruitment team), 130m ish spent on 15 odd players and wouldn't call any out for being a poor purchase? (Especially when cost versus impact is considered).

First summer we had a proper DOF in Jesus Garcia Pitarch as well.

Probably not a coincidence.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Which is why I'm so excited to see what Dean can do with this team in 2-3 seasons time. 

I have a feeling he'll break through MON's glass ceiling around then.

Well for me that is where the quality of a manager is really put to the test. I have no doubt Dean can get us into the top half of the table, but the top 6 is the true test.

10 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Don't think Jota will make it in this league because of his lack of pace, but at the same time he cost peanuts.

21 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Don't think Jota will make it in this league because of his lack of pace, but at the same time he cost peanuts.

I think we bought him mainly as extra creativity, which based on how we performed without Jack last season we would need if he were to be injured. His pace or lack of is not really a factor as he was never a flying winger he is a wide playmaker. If we have lots of possession in the opposition half that's where he can really make a difference.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2019 at 02:19, Villarocker said:

A man mating his 7 year old son at any game is both dangerous and cruel in equal measures 😉

Calm guys, I meant "beating" but the bloody predictive text made me look like a perve! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Villarocker said:

Calm guys, I meant "beating" but the bloody predictive text made me look like a perve! 

easy done.....proof read first ,is the lesson.😆

On 15/10/2019 at 23:04, Keyblade said:

Which is why I'm so excited to see what Dean can do with this team in 2-3 seasons time. 

I have a feeling he'll break through MON's glass ceiling around then.

Agreed I'm down with Smith win, lose or draw, I look forward to see what he can do some seasons away. I feel British managers are starting to make a come back in the sport, it's great more are being noticed and starting to change the way they play the sport again.

I think Smith is an exciting Coach, he could go a very long way, last season I said and thought Smith had some traits like Fergie, he reminds me abit like him. It's just upto him to show us that he's the second coming of Alex Ferguson, we would be very lucky indeed to have that kind of guy aboard, time will tell ineed on that one.

Just think how far we had dropped, nearly to the point of extinction, Villa were nearly obliterated and wiped of the face of the earth, now look at us. We are very much alive with a lovely squad of players and ace people in charge, no negativity whatsoever doing our best to win the best of the best and reclaim our status as one of the best in football, it's not a dream it's reality and it make the past two decades of crap football much easier to swallow.

UTV..

• Like 2

16 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Decent squad player who has/will play a part at times this season. Better squad option than a lot of teams have got and cost FA. But should we stay up can't see him playing a part next season.

6 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Agreed I'm down with Smith win, lose or draw, I look forward to see what he can do some seasons away. I feel British managers are starting to make a come back in the sport, it's great more are being noticed and starting to change the way they play the sport again.

I think Smith is an exciting Coach, he could go a very long way, last season I said and thought Smith had some traits like Fergie, he reminds me abit like him. It's just upto him to show us that he's the second coming of Alex Ferguson, we would be very lucky indeed to have that kind of guy aboard, time will tell ineed on that one.

Just think how far we had dropped, nearly to the point of extinction, Villa were nearly obliterated and wiped of the face of the earth, now look at us. We are very much alive with a lovely squad of players and ace people in charge, no negativity whatsoever doing our best to win the best of the best and reclaim our status as one of the best in football, it's not a dream it's reality and it make the past two decades of crap football much easier to swallow.

UTV..

There is no way we can compare him to Fergie right now.

Fergie broke the Celtic and Rangers dominance and won the league with Aberdeen which was a miracle really.

The fact that he won with Aberdeen in Europe and beat Real Madrid was simply out of this world.

There will never be a manager like it.

Â