Dean Smith

Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I never get tired of this interview. I've probably watched it 10 times.

Is that all, only 10 thats absolutely showing a lack of respect, should at least be in tripple figures by now 😋

To think we started last season with the weakest defence I have ever seen us with and now we stand a league up and performing with such a style and competitive edge it's hard to believe tbh.

He's been nothing short of a revelation and if he can keep us up this season then.,.......well it will be Incredible . I keep thinking I'm gonna wake up from a beautiful dream. UTV and Viva la Smith 

• Like 1

Congrats to our manager on a great first year 👏

Comfortably the best managerial appointment the club has made in recent years and his positive approach to the game is exactly what’s needed under our current owners. I’m confident he can keep us up this season and hopefully he can push the club on further in the coming seasons so we can make ourselves a force again. 

He has done a huge amount in a comparatively short amount of time. I keep forgetting it has only been a year. We’re still seeing his style of play being rolled out and we’ve already reaped the rewards. Can’t wait to see what the future brings.

I love his attention to detail, his humility and his precision when talking about players/tactics. He also seems like a thoroughly genuine person. I like it when people say that they never stop learning. 

Yes, he’s a villa fan so he ‘gets it’. But he’s also a tremendously exciting English coach who shows you don’t need to be a dinosaur to get far in this game nowadays. He’s absolutely here on merit, we’re ahead of CP’s ‘plan’ and long may it continue. 

Thank you, Dean (and staff)

Edited by KevinRichardsonsMoustache
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

If the chips are down, I really hope everyone supports him. Please. Think about the managers we’ve had since, and arguably including, O’neill and then think about who would put as much in as Smith has and will continue to do.

We’re in the right hands regardless of what happens.

Regardless of how it ultimately ends up for Smith, I'm very confident that he won't deliberately **** us over in the way O'Neill did.

• Like 2

Â