Dean Smith

Demitri_C

26 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

It is crucial Smith  comes out and tell the fANS who the designated penatly taker is. I demand a press conference first thing monday!

I think wesley only took the pen because he was on a hatrick.  No one else springs to mind.

It goes down as one of the worst pens I've ever seen. worse than gary linkekers last pen for england. Wesleys pen was just as pathetic. the run up was a joke too short and the execution was like the guys who do the half time kick the ball into the circle game at Villa park...ie utter garbage.

you look through the squad 1 to 11 and think there's no obvious guy who is going to take the pens. Maybe Connor hourihane. you'd thkn Grealish would be all over it to boost his stats for his impending england call up.

You want a run up to be like shearer or gerrard. Long run up full power. like waddle in the world cup. Id rather miss the target with a thunderbolt than live with the shame of a 3rd choice veteran keeper palming my soft shot away.

I can't believe Smith is  happy with a 5-1 when it really should of been 6-0. disgrace.

This is pure idiocy. If that was one of the worst pens you've ever seen then you've not seen much football. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7542063/Steve-Bruce-playing-dangerous-game-shifting-seasons-shortcomings-players.html

Steve Bruce is playing a dangerous game by shifting this season's shortcomings on to his players

• Steve Bruce has suggested that his players are unable to match his ambitions 
  • The Newcastle boss revealed he would employ Rafa Benitez's defensive tactics 
  • The entire episode smacked of self preservation and was absent of any thought

:crylaugh:

To keep this on topic.... DEAN SMITH.... 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 3

We all have to admit it's very black and white in here. When we lose we all want Smith to tread carefullyl. When we win, it's celebration time that we have turned a corner.

Not to be a negative ninny, but 1 game against a lack luster Norwich side does not mean we are on our way to the dizzy heights of midtable. Without my claret and blue glasses on, I saw the same mistakes and play as in every game. Don't get me wrong, we looked real good, but we wasn't ever closed down so much as we have been, an given the space and time, any team in the Premier League is going to destroy you.

5 hours ago, screwdriver said:

It is crucial Smith  comes out and tell the fANS who the designated penatly taker is. I demand a press conference first thing monday!

I think wesley only took the pen because he was on a hatrick.  No one else springs to mind.

It goes down as one of the worst pens I've ever seen. worse than gary linkekers last pen for england. Wesleys pen was just as pathetic. the run up was a joke too short and the execution was like the guys who do the half time kick the ball into the circle game at Villa park...ie utter garbage.

you look through the squad 1 to 11 and think there's no obvious guy who is going to take the pens. Maybe Connor hourihane. you'd thkn Grealish would be all over it to boost his stats for his impending england call up.

You want a run up to be like shearer or gerrard. Long run up full power. like waddle in the world cup. Id rather miss the target with a thunderbolt than live with the shame of a 3rd choice veteran keeper palming my soft shot away.

I can't believe Smith is  happy with a 5-1 when it really should of been 6-0. disgrace.

I know this post is satire but Lewandowski takes 2 small steps in the middle of the run up. This is to judge what the keeper is planning to do. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Norwich had 21 shots against us.

Are any of you concerned about that?

In isolation, that stat is worrying. But, I think from watching us play, we know that we do like to occasionally sit back and defend well as a unit, forcing the opposition to commit men forward which we can then exploit with a quick counter attack.

I think this strategy will see us come unstuck against some of the more clinical sides, but then again, other than Liverpool and Man City, most teams in the league seem regularly leaky at the back, so it's not a huge worry.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

In isolation, that stat is worrying. But, I think from watching us play, we know that we do like to occasionally sit back and defend well as a unit, forcing the opposition to commit men forward which we can then exploit with a quick counter attack.

I think this strategy will see us come unstuck against some of the more clinical sides, but then again, other than Liverpool and Man City, most teams in the league seem regularly leaky at the back, so it's not a huge worry.

Honestly i am starting to coming to terms with this style of play.

Starting to accept we will leak loads of goals in this super offensive style of play.

When McGinn, Hourihane and both full backs bombing forward it is what it is. But f*** hell is it entertaining.

But i think we will score more than we will concede.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

I can't remember heaton having much to do regarding acrobatic saves. Mings got in the way of most. I'm not sure whether a shot that is blocked by centre half is counted as a shot on goal.

btw I just got up have they had a press conference yet?😀

Just now, screwdriver said:

I can't remember heaton having much to do regarding acrobatic saves. Mings got in the way of most. I'm not sure whether a shot that is blocked by centre half is counted as a shot on goal.

btw I just got up have they had a press conference yet?😀

Reminded me of Ake's performance against us in the Bournemouth game.

Seemed to block every single shot we had

I remember reading about Engels' personal defence stats, and seeing how few 'tackles' he'd made, and I think it's down to the fact that he cuts out passes and blocks shots a lot more than he actually commits himself to make a tackle. So, if that's his general 'way' of playing, that could possibly contribute to this 'shots against' business.

As a whole, I'm happy with how we play, and 9/10 opposition attacks our defence seems to do the job.

Â