Dean Smith

Demitri_C

I love how every so called "expert" went on about Norwich spending no money in the summer was the best thing ever. It was the right move. What we did was all wrong. Now they have an injury crisis and **** all players to pick from, and they got smashed 5-1. 

I commend Norwich for keeping the spine of their team, but to the so called experts.... and I say this as politely I can manage... go **** yourselves. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

When was the last time we scored 5 goals in the Prem?

2013?

2014?

2015?

Would've been when we beat Sunderland 6-1 at VP.

Don't know when the last time we scored 5 away in the PL - Derby in 2008?

We have been competitive in a league that has moved on massively in the 3 seasons that we were out of it.  

Yes we have made mistakes and that is understandable considering the manager has 0 premier league experience as do most of the players but some of the knee jerk reactions have been embarrassing. Now we all know one swallow does not a summer make but this has been coming for a couple of games.  I think we will now be looking up rather than down from now on.  

Well done Dean and the whole coaching/ management team.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

We have been competitive in a league that has moved on massively in the 3 seasons that we were out of it.  

coaching/ management team.

IMO the last 20mins against Spurs is the only game this season that I'd say we were outclassed. 

It's been a decent start to the season and the coaching staff deserve huge credit given the upheaval of the summer. 

7 minutes ago, av1 said:

There are so few of these out and out defensive midfielders these days that I'd say his value will at least treble by the end of the season. 

Just posted the above in the Marvelous thread, and got me thinking about the managers signings. 

Guilbert is looking like a snip at £3.5m

Engels is different class for me, ball playing center backs are all the range and when championship defenders like Webster are being banded about at £20m it's fair to say that Engels would fetch at least as much.

Nakamba, see above. 

Konsa looks like a player that can be anything he wants. 

Now I know Wesley still has his doubters and £20m plus it's a big fee, but I think the managers business has been pretty phenomenal. I've always been envious of clubs that pluck these gems out of nowhere and it looks like we have a manager/management team that are now doing the same. 

Great business

Great Coach

Edited by av1

53 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

1 Premier League win feels as good as 10 Championship wins.

It's amazing isn't it?

Yeah I think it's because there's so much Saturday-Tuesday in championship and games came so quickly that over a period an away win at Bolton or Rotherham just becomes routine.

Here we're the underdogs in many games and obviously won't win as many as last two seasons. Wouldn't go as far as 10 wins although would feel like that if we beat Man. United, Arsenal, Liverpool or Man. City at VP!

What I will say is that our up turn has coincided with Hourihane coming in and Grealish being further forward. Although we've been a bit dodgy at times at the back we are looking far more menacing going forward. Excellent today. Freshened the midfield earlier and also saw the merits for leaving Nakamba on when bringing on Luiz. 10/10 today. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

What I will say is that our up turn has coincided with Hourihane coming in and Grealish being further forward. Although we've been a bit dodgy at times at the back we are looking far more menacing going forward. Excellent today. Freshened the midfield earlier and also saw the merits for leaving Nakamba on when bringing on Luiz. 10/10 today. 

It's Neil Taylor not playing. 100%

• Like 2

Â