Dean Smith

Demitri_C

It's o.k screaming at them to push up but when you're tired physicallly and mentallty you drop deep, it just happens so you cover less space and less areas of the pitch.

To implement that you obviously bring on two fresh legs in middle or final third of pitch to give the existing players a lift and more outballs.

You just don't do nothing and wonder why half the team who are running out of gas by 70th minute mark then lose the game.

Anyone know if Luiz was injured today? To me he'd have been a good player to bring on with twenty left and he seems an intelligent player who knows the spaces to cover and can also move the ball quickly when required. Odd he wasn't in 18 today.

We couldn't handle Guendozi second half so he'd have been a good counter to that.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

1-If Davis had of come on Wes wouldnt of scored.

2- Mcginn was fine compares to other players.

3- You can't say he accepted the team sitting back, could you see him shouting at them to drive on, I could. 

I think the Smith haters are starting to appear, it's easy to blame the coach when things go wrong.

We've been out the Prem for seasons, come back into it and some of you expect us to walk away with wins, at this level things go wrong when even things go very right and that's what happened to us.

I will say that our players didn't help the situation, we lacked concentration when we went in front, every time it happened and then we would wake back up, we can't be affording that to happen.

Our player are going to have to stay awake for a full 90, not 70 mins, at this level we get pg wished and punished we was.

Your first point is weird to me, cause maybe Davis had scored two? Anyway, people have different point of views, but please don't use "Smith haters" about people simply cause they come with criticism. It's just so stupid. It's like saying your a massive fan of a player cause you said he did one good thing. Please learn the difference. When Deano gets praise when it goes well, he will also get the stick when he is shit. It goes both ways. 

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Six. Effing. Games. Come on, man!

For how long are we going to say this?

Are you not concerned by this weak mentality within this group? A manager inept to make correct changes when things aren't going our way? There is relegation written all over this team, you can just feel and sense it.

Edited by villalad21

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Arsenal are not a good side.

They were terrible today.

With our performance that could have been Watford and the same would have happened.

Arsenal are a good side. Will be 30 points above us in May. Only City and Liverpool have a better attack

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Why can't we keep the ball? That's the glaring weakness of this team.

Players just aren’t good enough I guess. It’s why we’re a newly promoted team. 

I know everyone is saying Arsenal are s**t, but they are still a top 6 team. We won’t face this kind of opposition every week. 

If we don’t beat Burnley I’ll be a lot more worried. 

• Like 1

Just now, villalad21 said:

Are you not concerned by this weak mentality within this group? A manager inept to make correct changes when things aren't going our way? There is relegation written all over this team, you can just feel and sense it.

Didn't you spemd 6 months saying Smith was shit and Allardyce and Bruce was better. No surprise leading the criticism 🙄

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Why can't we keep the ball? That's the glaring weakness of this team.

I actually think it is a problem that comes from behind. Mings is using too much time with the ball, and this has an effect on the players that is on the receiving end of his passes. They end up a bit short on time, and then they either lose the ball directly or they play a rushed poor pass. And then we are defending again.

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I'd love to know how people think Smith should have acted when the players got spooked and were not sticking to the game plan. You don't just press a button or say something and we're magically able to regain composure. It's like people think this is a video game or something. Weird. 

I'm presuming the game plan is to sit back as that's what we've done all season?

If it's not, he could have changed Nakamba who was rabbit in the headlights whole match on the ball for Lansbury? That would have settled us.

Hourihane for McGinn as McGinn wasn't holding position very well?

Here's an idea, he could have done something instead of nothing.

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

You’ve been writing dumb and gloom posts since  he took over. When we started winning you went quiet. Funny that. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, hippo said:

Didn't get taking off trez at all. I think actually we got really nervous - the only shots in the 2nd half were just after Arsenal equalised.

The PL is fine margins - giving Arsenal a fright - but not ruthless enough to get the job done. Still very early in DS career - he has shown he can learn.

I don’t think he is learning. The Spurs game should have taught him not to sit deep against good sides, yet that is exactly what he did today 

Just now, Zatman said:

Didn't you spemd 6 months saying Smith was shit and Allardyce and Bruce was better. No surprise leading the criticism 🙄

I said Allardyce was better, not Bruce. Can't remember Allardyce ever getting relegated with a team, do you?

1 minute ago, DeepDish said:

I actually think it is a problem that comes from behind. Mings is using too much time with the ball, and this has an effect on the players that is on the receiving end of his passes. They end up a bit short on time, and then they either lose the ball directly or they play a rushed poor pass. And then we are defending again.

There 2nd goal was a Mings error. He’s gotta be heading that ball out. We seem to be trying to keep possession at the wrong time.  

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Arsenal are a good side. Will be 30 points above us in May. Only City and Liverpool have a better attack

You think they'll get 45 points? :)

They were terrible today. We brought them into the game. Invited them in, took their coat and offered them a drink. 

1 minute ago, DeepDish said:

It's not only Ming's, it's the lot of them. So many inaccurate passes, just invites trouble. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

1-If Davis had of come on Wes wouldnt of scored.

2- Mcginn was fine compares to other players.

3- You can't say he accepted the team sitting back, could you see him shouting at them to drive on, I could. 

I think the Smith haters are starting to appear, it's easy to blame the coach when things go wrong.

We've been out the Prem for seasons, come back into it and some of you expect us to walk away with wins, at this level things go wrong when even things go very right and that's what happened to us.

I will say that our players didn't help the situation, we lacked concentration when we went in front, every time it happened and then we would wake back up, we can't be affording that to happen.

Our player are going to have to stay awake for a full 90, not 70 mins, at this level we get pg wished and punished we was.

I don’t think there are smith haters - we all appreciate what he’s achieved - however for me he has to be blamed today for his lack of substitutions before arsenal scored - we were out on our feet and needed Hourihane or Lansbury  to help the midfield 

• Like 1

Just now, villalad21 said:

More than six games! Last year we were praising the mental resilience of the team under Smith which meant we were winning snd drawing the types of games we would otherwise have lost, hell we forced our way up through the playoffs inch by inch. Look at the West Brom games. That was demonstrable mental toughness. 

I’ll tell you what won’t lead to a strong mentality, and that’s our own fans getting the knives out when we narrowly lose to Arsenal.

The players and manager have a lot to learn, and not much time to do it. How about we support them, yeah?

Â