Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Much to slow with his substitutions. I just don't think he is gonna make it, always thought this way but was hoping for the best. Premiership is another level maybe a bit to high for Smith.

I will still stick by him, but every game seems to be lost in the same way, like he just wants to play it safe to stay in the League. Unfortunately, the days you can manage with a Pulis type manager in the Premier League have gone

Just now, Davkaus said:

Makes you wonder what the **** they've been doing all summer. They're professional athletes, but can't keep up with a 1 man advantage? 

A lot of boozing by the looks of it for some of them. Can't really fault McGinn because so far he's our best player but his levels drop dramatically by 70 mins, he appears to like a drink a lot. Do you think Ronaldo drinks heavily at any point in the season? Nope. 

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

I think Burnley will be a much more difficult game than Arsenal to be honest. 

I think they'll batter us,

Arsenal were **** shite. They were there for the taking, and I have little doubt it'll be one of the easiest games we play all season. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Christ almighty our fans.

He is six games in.

Would you write off a player after six games of their career in the PL?* No? So let’s give Smith time to learn.

*Obviously a lot of Villa fans would, which is sad in itself, but that’s a different issue.

I said it last year after we got promoted, our own fans expectations will be the biggest hurdle to us staying up. 

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

I think Burnley will be a much more difficult game than Arsenal to be honest. 

Agree.

Arsenal are wide open at the moment and I doubt Burnley will continue the trend of allowing us to play against 10 men.

We have a very slow squad. I don't think it's their stamina that is causing them to lose runners, but their lack of pace.

You can slam Deano all you like, but if his options are Hourihane, Lansbury, Elmohamady, Douglas, etc. then it's hard to see what he does to handle that.

We should have put the game away earlier, and that was nothing to do with tactics, and everything to do with player quality.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Should have brought on Benrahma and Maupay.

Oh.

I think this will be the defining post of the first half of this season. Everyone looked knackered and the options from the bench are frighteningly limited. I'm not sure we'll get much more out of the squad we've assembled here. They work hard and then tire after 60 minutes but the quality isn't even there in the first place. If we're bringing on players like Lansbury and Davis who I'm not convinced were even good enough for the Championship then it's looking pretty desperate.

Â