Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

I actually think this appointment means - that the 3rd richest owners either can not or will not be bankrolling a manager - at least not in the short term

Or they will be bankrolling players into the systemic structure they are trying to develop?

He is HEAD COACH, not manager!

Change of approach, means nothing in the grand scheme of things re: backing.

• Like 2

Right, let's let him and his staff get to work. I don't expect to see us being forced to play it long, or to our full back through lack of movement and ideas by any team that knows how to press the ball anymore. I think this could end up being a very good thing indeed.

Awesome that it's a head coach appointment, awesome he's bringing his staff too. The scouting appointments will be key but there's less pressure there as we can't do anything till Jan anyways. Really good stuff that seems to mean we're going to be setting up the club properly at last. The opportunity was there when Lerner took over but no-one had the brains to do it, we're very late on this stuff and we're mid-table in teh wrong division, but **** it, onwards and upwards.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

I actually think this appointment means - that the 3rd richest owners either can not or will not be bankrolling a manager - at least not in the short term

why?

i think it means they've listened to the fans, why were we not satisfied with bruce? because the football was boring, defensive and largely aimless or any identifiable tactics or system

i think they have also identified john terry as being a huge positive off the field, increasing the professionalism of our squad and potentially plugging any gaps in smiths style by being able to shape the defence

its a good appointment

and to be fair in the short term i dont want the squad bankrolled, we need a CB, other than that this squad should be good enough, get our good players firing and we should get promotion, i dont want someone coming in and saying we need 5 new players because we dont, save the bank rolling for the overhaul that will be required when we get there

• Like 2

Yes Dean, welcome to the club. I've got a good feeling about this. And I haven't had that regarding Villa on at least 15 years.

If you can stop us going backwards between now and January, and bolster the defence (the middle of it) in January things will be looking up.

• Like 1

Â