Dean Smith

Demitri_C

I thought smith got it wrong today.

eyebrows were raised when I saw elmo and taylor in over our expensive new signings. but I gave him the benefit of the doubt thinking the egyption connection down the right might bring joys.

However I witnessed tactical nativity on a whole new level!   the subs he made actually made us weaker. Jota consistantly gave the ball away cheap. and Kodjia had the touch of a trampoline and was even worse than the 22m brazillian.

and he had no answer when Poch brought on Eriksson. It was a Lambert-esque retreat to the 18 year line from 65mins. What happened to champagne football? There was glimpses in the first half. The 2nd was like the seige of iranian embassy. with similar outcome.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Thought the game plan was spot on and worked a treat in the first half. We kept our shape very well and then looked dangerous on the counter, I expect against sides around us we'll press more and control possession better. 

Definitely positives today. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

This is as idiotic and out of touch with reality as it gets.

The guy is a wind up merchant. From memory, Southampton and UTD both put 3 past wolves, and both are inferior to spurs. 

20 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

eyebrows were raised when I saw elmo and taylor in over our expensive new signings. but I gave him the benefit of the doubt thinking the egyption connection down the right might bring joys.

However I witnessed tactical nativity on a whole new level!   the subs he made actually made us weaker. Jota consistantly gave the ball away cheap. and Kodjia had the touch of a trampoline and was even worse than the 22m brazillian.

and he had no answer when Poch brought on Eriksson. It was a Lambert-esque retreat to the 18 year line from 65mins. What happened to champagne football? There was glimpses in the first half. The 2nd was like the seige of iranian embassy. with similar outcome.

Edit. 

I've already had one warning today. 

Edited by av1

20 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

I am sure i watched the game with you today. 

Never again. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

True he had no answer - Spurs have more, better players - Poch had options - Smith run out of options -( literally !!!)- I wouldn't have brought Jota on, and with Hindsight Davis may have been better than Kjodia - however I honestly don't see the outcome being any different.

• Haha 1

Just now, hippo said:

True he had no answer - Spurs have more, better players - Poch had options - Smith run out of options -( literally !!!)- I wouldn't have brought Jota on, and with Hindsight Davis may have been better than Kjodia - however I honestly don't see the outcome being any different.

You are talking to a guy that thinks top 10 is a minimum requirement. 

I wasn't a fan of his appointment - but I think his achievement getting us promoted with someone else's players can't be rated highly enough. For me he gets all season - without him there would no Mcginn, no Grealish , and we might have been playing Hull today. We owe him some slack.

• Like 1

Jota had been extremely impressive in pre season and a lot of people were moaning about him not starting before KO.  I think it was an obvious sub to make and can't pin on Smith that it didn't work. Was suprised at how poor he looked but by then Spuds were running us ragged. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Jota had been extremely impressive in pre season and a lot of people were moaning about him not starting before KO.  I think it was an obvious sub to make and can't pin on Smith that it didn't work. Was suprised at how poor he looked but by then Spuds were running us ragged. 

This shows why we needed another pacey winger. Once Trez/El Ghazi were done we had no outlet, it was the only sub he could make but also not a good one.

I think Dean will do well for us. But i thought we looked well off the pace today. Im not sure pre season games against Walsall and Charlton are good enough preperation for Spurs. And only one game decent game against RB Leipzig.

Â